All reviewsfull englishbreakfast rooman overnight staybed was very comfortablesteakracesensuiteswansea
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Having stayed here twice recently as a contractor I'm surprised at some of the reviews. The rooms are a little tired but are generally clean. The food in the bar is excellent and would be good value at twice the price. The £5 menu is home cooked food not microwave rubbish and full portions. The beer is well kept - order Guiness and it will be poured correctly and brought to your table. Breakfast was fine - in fact they will throw in a packed lunch as well. The level of service from all the staff was way above any of the hotel chains. I've stayed at Raffles, Shangri-La's and Hiltons so am quite discerning - you get what you pay for and I would have no hesitation in staying again.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The room was small and the bed likewise for 2 adults. However the staff were friendly and helpfull. The furjniture was irrelevant - who uses it for overnight stays anyway ? We slept well with no noise from the railway which may perhaps affect room on the other side of the building. Breakfast was functional but uninspiring. The sausages did not appear to made of meat and were horrible but the rest was edible as a basic meal. Decor and presentation was typically Welsh but this was reflected in the realistic pricing.

Room Tip: What is the best room? - we only stayed in one.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2011

we left our library book in room the management posted it on to us, this kind of service is unusual in the present day, the staff were as helpful during our stay, thank you very much Miramar

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank stephendunn42
Reviewed January 13, 2011

My advise is stay somewhere else. Rooms are dirty shabby and run down. Heating pipes that creak and rattle all night. My room has no light in bathroom, even with new bulbs, it doesn't work.

I would strongly advise any elderly people staying here to bring their own Sherpa with them, climbing the stairs with luggage isn't easy, especial as the floors are all uneven.

Best thing I can say about this hotel is it's cheap! But! It's still not worth it! Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We were let down by the late closure of another local hotel and only the Miramar offered the accomodation we needed in the area. It is a bit dingy for sure, but there was heating, hot water in the basin and shower, all my lights worked, and it is excellent value for money, both accomodation and food. As for breakfast issues, our experience was excellent : we asked for and got 7 instead of 7.30, cooked food was great, we were given take away bacon sandwiches when we had to leave in a rush, and special orders like porridge and fruit was obtained for following days, in short the satf could not have been more helpful. Evening meals were also good quality and value. The owner was not there much of the time, but we didn t have any problems. If we had I m not sure how they would have been resolved though. As for trouble in the street, Llanelli is a shadow of its former self in terms of nightlife, and the only thing that woke me was the occasional bleeping of the crossing alarm. Even the trains were hard to hear, probably the double glazing!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business