“Great staff, hotel not too bad either!”

Travelodge Llanelli Central
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Llanelli
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was our second stay at the Llanelli Central Travelodge and I have to say that it's a godsend! Previously, in Llanelli, there was very little available in terms of 'cheap/no frills' accommodation but with this hotel, you can stay, comfortably, knowing that it's brand new. I've stayed in a lot poorer rooms for a LOT more money! The staff there are fantastic. In particular, the charming Glenda, who was there on the desk both times we checked in. First time was Halloween, she was so taken by our costumes, she took photos of us! This time, she made every effort to ensure that our room was changed, with no fuss, as our original room smelled of smoke when we arrived. (Why do people smoke in non-smoking hotel rooms?? Morons!!). Glenda is kind, friendly and helpful. I really hope that 'Travelodge' look after her as she really is their asset in that hotel.

Travelodge (the company) don't always make it easy though. For instance, I made an online booking for one night but then later I wanted to add on an extra night. Unfortunately, the website/system does not 'allow' for this - forcing you to make a brand new booking for the second night. This poses problems as potentially the 'system' doesn't recognise that you are the same people on both nights, thus giving you a different room for the second night! This is daft! When I phoned the hotel to try and check that we would indeed be able to stay in the same room for two nights, they said they couldn't promise it as it was all computerised. Surely, the company needs to find a way of overcoming this!?? Luckily for me, the staff at Llanelli did everything to make sure we kept the same room and had a comfortable stay.

As for the hotel itself...it was immaculate, clean, very quiet, warm and in a great location for the town centre. Parking isn't a problem and the staff explain how it works when you check in.

I would highly recommend this Travelodge. Indeed we've booked in again for Christmas week! Think I'll take Glenda and her excellent colleagues a mince pie!

Room Tip: At night, get a parking ticket for the morning. It'll save you getting up at 8 to buy one.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank stonekins
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Llanelli Central

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night in August for a surprise birthday party in the town.
The hotel is located in the centre of town.
you have to pay for parking outside but that is not expensive, we made the mistake of walking up the stairs but there is a lift.
The hotel was only opened in February and had just had all the beds replaced with the new style one.
The lady on the front desk on arrival was very friendly with good local knowledge.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SwindonNigel
Reviewed October 21, 2013

First impressions was excellent, it's only been open since last December so you can still smell the paint. Everything was spotless, and bed and pillows where still like new.
The only downside or should I say inconvenience was the parking. As you can book in after 3 you have to pay for 3 hrs parking £1.70. Until 6pm when it's free till 8am and as checkout time is 12 you have to pay another £1.90.
Apart from that I can not fault the staff or the hotel
We'll done

Room Tip: I had the first room 101, next to reception but it made no difference hotel was really quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at the above Travelodge on a Friday night. I can only say what a fantastic place it was. Very clean, spotless in fact! The bed was virtually brand new and very comfortable. The room decoration was better than any other Travelodge we have stayed in. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. If you want a cheap place to stay in central Llanelli, look no further.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

From the moment I walked in to check in to the moment I left the staff here were very welcoming and couldn't do enough for me. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I would say this hotel is more for business travellers or for people visiting the area and not intending to spend much time in the hotel as it doesn't have lots of facilities like a gym or swimming pool but it is very good at what it is. The hotel does have wifi available but you have to pay for it. I felt this was more than fair considering the cost of the room. I booked in advance and got a room for a Friday & Saturday night for £26.50 a night, brilliant.

There are bars and restaurants within walking distance to get food. Although there is no included parking the parking outside is very reasonable and the check in staff explain exactly what you have to pay and how to avoid missing an early morning payment.

Room Tip: Book in advance to get a discount.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed in the travel lodge to have a base to celebrate a birthday! First impressions was the nice, clean "new" feel about the place. Room was spotless with a big comfortable bed, all facilities you would expect, and the exceptional high standard of housekeeping. Would definitely recommend and stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed three nights with the girlfriend and our puppy as a base for exploring the Gower and Pembrokeshire.

It has been refurbished with the new beds which are a huge and improvement over the old ones. The decor is the same as usual and you still get a nice sized tv with freeview.

The main bonus are the staff which were brilliant and couldn't do enough for us. Even a little mishap due to an over excited dog was easily dealt with making us feel completely at ease.

We had no noise from the pubs / restaurants below and there are plenty of places to eat nearby. All in all a great budget hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanelli
Stradey Park Hotel & Spa
Best Western Diplomat Hotel & Spa
Ashburnham Hotel
Ashburnham Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pembrey

Been to Travelodge Llanelli Central? Share your experiences!