“Good.”
Review of Tafarn Morlais

Tafarn Morlais
Ranked #2 of 158 Restaurants in Llanelli
Cuisines: British, Grill, Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Tafarn Morlais is a good, honest, privately run, traditional pub serving fresh food, and incorporating an exciting specials board, 7 days a week, from 12 noon. Sunday carvery is available with 5 sittings (12,1,2,3 & 4pm each Sunday. Our menu is vast and varied, and caters for every need, including all aspects of dietary requirements. We also cater for all private functions, and can provide various types of buffets. Just 1 minute off J48 of the M4, we are easily located from all areas, and coach parties are welcome, as long as pre booked. We Look forward to welcoming you !
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Service was second to none, very helpful. Friendly bar staff and waiters, more than happy to help. Food was a little bit slow, but was delicious when it came. 2 meals came 5 minutes after the rest but they were very apologetic and gave two free drinks. A little bit cold as the patio door was open and we sat on the table near it. 8 of us had main meals, 3 side orders and a one dessert, all totalling at 90 odd pound, very good! Will Definitely be returning and recommending.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hi, I love a nice sunday carvery and have tried quite a few places in and around area. After reading all the positive reviews we expected tafarn morlais to be great. I cant understand all the excellent reviews, it certainly isnt all its bragged up to be, far from it.

Pub itself is quite nice, albeit small with limited seating in the bar area. nice open log fire area though. poor choice of lagers.

Rear room size ok. food is served from a small stainless steel trolley near the entrance to the rear restaurant. we were seated by a table that was virtually touching the trolley. The two of us sat at one end of table had our elbows hanging over the food being served (the meat), it was very very poor. It felt very unhygienic even for me and im not that fussy.
Price of carvery was an average £7.95 but the food choice was below average. Meats on offer pork, beef and turkey with 1 yorkshire pudding. very limited other options, was quite dissapointed. carrotts, peas, mash potatoes, parsnips (nice), stuffing balls & roast potato. thats all I can think was there and it didnt look fantastic to be honest. I know you may feel thats fine but after the big hype reviews we were dissapointed. meat was a little dry, nothing to brag about but we did arrive at 4pm for last seating. I also asked if i could return for more veg and was told its only one visit to the trolley but I may get away with returning as it was the last serving. I thought the whole point of a carvery was you could return for more veg etc as you please. otherwise I would just choose a normal plated dinner.

Anyway not overly impressed, food was avarage to below average. There are better places to try locally for similar price.

Our favourites to date....
The New inn - Ponteberem (all home cooked, big choice, unlimited, huge desserts but a small pub)
The Baltic inn - Ponthenri (always a good roast, very large selection and nice big pub. nice salad bar with prawns, pate and chicken wings)

The bridge in Llangennech also a nice sunday dinner although quite expensive

cheers, hope this helps

3  Thank jordan t
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was the first time my husband and myself had visited this new restaurant even though it's on our doorstep! We hadn't booked and it was a busy Friday night, but they were still able to accommodate us! Very friendly staff, very polite also! The food was amazing and nothing was too much trouble for the staff, even when our son and his girlfriend turned up later and joined us for food! Would definitely recommend this restaurant. It was also spotlessly clean. There was another table with children and the children were enjoying themselves outside in the children's play area which looked well maintained and great fun also! Will definitely be returning!!! Keep up the good work! Thank you for a lovely evening!

1  Thank RHOSYN67
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just had an early dinner today with a friend and our boys who attend the school opposite. We were enticed by the kids eat free offer (between 3-5pm M-F) and thoroughly enjoyed. The greeting was friendly, staff polite and made us feel at home. The food was very good. We both ordered the chicken morlais with a side of onion rings. The food was plentiful and the boys really liked the kids pizza which was free with paid adult meal. What a fantastic bargain. The afters were delicious too! Good food, nice portions, and inviting atmosphere. Would definitely eat there again and bring the hubby next time for a family meal even without the free kids meal offer. A real credit to our lovely village.

1  Thank Dee R
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We visited for Sunday lunch with other family members who are regular visitors and who had praised the carvery to us on several occasions. As my partner is a coeliac sufferer she phoned a few days previous to our visit and was assured it would not be a problem. Unfortunately this message did not get through to the kitchen for which they were highly apologetic. It did not spoil the visit as the only thing she could not have was the gravy (which was delicious!). They also refused to accept payment for her meal as they felt that it would be unfair. This was a generous gesture way above what was required for such a minor mistake.
We had liver pate served with toasted bread and a small side salad with chutney for starters and this was quite good. As Sundays are carvery only we had no other choice for main course.This was no hardship as the carvery is excellent. It consisted of beef, pork or turkey and we all opted for a generous slice of each. By generous I really mean generous! To accompany the meat you help yourself to Yorkshire puddings, stuffing balls, roast and mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, cabbage and the aforementioned gravy which I rate amongst the best I have had anywhere. At £7.95 this is outstanding value for money.
The staff are very friendly and efficient and go out of their way to make sure you are happy. As it was the first warm day of the summer we finished off with drinks outside in the beer garden. After such a meal all I needed was a comfy sofa to put my feet up and doze but that had to wait until we got home. We will certainly be returning at some point during the summer.