“New Years Eve Event”

Stradey Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Llanelli
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Our party has attended several events there before and we were more than satisfied. However, looking forward to this special occasion, considering the outlay, we were disappointed. The "live entertainment" consisted of a young lady (albeit she was very good) serenading us on guitar whilst we were dining. On previous occasions there had been a live band, supported by a disco, but that was the evenings main entertainment (felt a but let down as we'd all put our gladrags on!) The meal we found, despite being of five courses, a little frugal. The fireworks display was excellent, but enjoyed by the local residents for free! Our room, which we thought as of the previous high standard left a lot to be desired. The bath need regrouting, the sink was dirty, the shaver socket was exposed and there was a large brown stain on the ceiling - I was prompted to take photographs! I emailed, in I think a fair and impartial manner, our concerns to management there, but was not impressed by the response - considering the amount we spent on the event, including accommodation and a fair amount on wines and drinks, there was no gesture forthcoming. I would not say we would not go there again, but I don't think we would go to such expenditure again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sharon C
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Sharon,

I'm sorry to hear that on this occasion the standard wasn't as high as you have come to expect at the hotel. We always listen to our guest feedback and we have booked a live band again for this New Year's Eve, followed by a DJ. This year, to keep everyone happy, there will be a focus on the gourmet food in Samphires Restaurant and a focus on the party in the Alexander Suite with a live band and DJ with a buffet.

Generally the feedback was excellent for New Year's Eve but it depends what kind of an evening you're looking for, hopefully this year we will cater for everyone's expectations. We hope you will consider joining us again as it will be a fantastic evening.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We Stayed at this Hotel as part of a coach party from North Wales for the New Years Festivities.
My Wife is disabled and found the staff fantastic in their help, have never come across better. We arrive on the afternoon of the 30th and were soon greeted with afternoon tea and cakes provided in an upper residends lounge overlooking the town and gower coast. The rooms were very comfortable and spotless. That night a meal was provided which was good quality.
New Years Eve was wonderful, a great gala dinner, provided with entertainment and magicians, followed by a fantastic fireworks display. The Two Breakfasts we had were very good with plenty of choice and quality food. Come New Years Day we weresorry to get on the coach to go home. A Wonderful Stay

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Fellte,

Thank you for choosing to spend NYE with us. I'm so glad your wife was happy with the staff and that you were happy with the room and service levels. I'm also glad to hear the New Year's festivities exceeded expectations.

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel and we hope you will come back and visit us again before New Year's Eve.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked our wedding breakfast and evening reception at the stradey park hotel in December 2012.

We decided to book an overnight stay early this year as we saw a winter offer. The price was so good we thought there must be a catch.

We had a very pleasant check in and the manager asked if we had stayed before. When we said yes, he remembered us from over a year ago.

Our room was very comfortable. Not the same as the bridal suite but very relaxing and it had everything we needed!

We made plans to visit my family so we missed an opportunity to dine at sapphires restaurant however after a fantastic stay, I'm sure we will be returning.

We missed breakfast - I blame the comfy bed and quietness of the hotel!

I will definitely be returning with my husband sooner rather than later!

Highly recommend!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel C
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for choosing Stradey Park Hotel as your wedding venue in 2012 and for coming back to visit us again in 2013.

We hope you will return soon to enjoy dining in Samphires and maybe even a breakfast if you can make it out of our comfy beds! Keep an eye on our website for more great special offers throughout the year.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed on a new year package deal and found the hotel staff very friendly and accommodating, with wonderful entertainment (notably the magicians and firework display) and very tasty food for the gala dinner! The public areas were lovely and the bedrooms clean and contemporary. Disappointingly the bed was most uncomfortable and the breakfast did not meet the same level of satisfaction as the dinner the previous evening. We would definitely consider staying again but would suggest the beds needed upgrading.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Alison,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad to hear that you found the staff so friendly and that you had such a good time with us on New Year's Eve.

Thank you for the praise regarding the public areas and the bedrooms, I'm sorry to hear you felt the bed was uncomfortable and the breakfast did not meet the same level of satisfaction as the dinner the previous evening. I will look into these issues on your behalf.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here in October and had mixed reviews. We booking having reviews about the hotel being close to Gower but its not as close as you think! Also in a residential area at the end of a street. There were weddings on both days that we stayed so quite noisy in the evenings. The rooms were small, but comfortable though bathroom could be a bit nicer and cosier after a long day out! Breakfast could have been better quality - more fruit, nicer quality meat, less fat and oily! There was a couple of really friendly members of staff who were genuinely helpful and other times you would walk through reception and staff would not even greet you. Room for improvement but certainly not somewhere to discount!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sital,

Thank for you taking the time to review Stradey Park Hotel. The hotel enjoys views of the Gower but it is a little drive down the coast to reach it, although there is also plenty to see in Carmarthenshire as well as Swansea.

I will pass on your thoughts regarding breakfast to our kitchen team. I am glad that despite your reservations you feel the price you paid was fair. We hope that should you choose to visit again all aspects of your stay will be to your liking.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I just come back from spending the night at Stradey Park hotel, we got married there a year ago to the day and we wanted to stay and relax in the hotel (as the wedding was so busy we felt we missed out a little in appreciating the place)

The staff went above and beyond to make our stay amazing! (just like they had done the year before for our wedding).

We arrived and checked into a club house suite (these are rooms done up to a higher spec than the normal rooms, although after staying in the normal room a year before with my bridesmaids, I must say that they are just as nice and comfortable)

On the bed the staff had laid scattered rose petals in the shape of a heart along with robes and slippers for us to relax in and left a bottle of champagne on ice for us (obviously my husband had paid for it but they still made it look lovely).

We booked in to the restaurant for 7 o’clock and a glass of complementary champagne was sent over to congratulate us (what a lovely touch) food was to die for, and although I didn’t eat much of mine they wrapped it up for us to take to the room.

The rest of the evening was spent drinking at the bar and although there was a large wedding there this didn’t interfere with our night at all as there is plenty of room for everyone.

During our sleep I woke up with very bad heartburn and after struggle for a while I phoned reception to see if they had anything, on two separate occasions they brought me up some peppermint and then some milk.

As I was up in the night I didn’t make breakfast but my husband did and he said it was gorgeous (and he loves his cooked breakfasts)

All in all an absolutely lovely evening and night – which will be very hard to top next year!

Thanks Stradey Park and your staff!

Room Tip: The bridal suite is probably the nicest room I have ever stayed in - if you can get it and afford it...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kirstye1986
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Kirstye1986,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review on the hotel and for choosing us as your wedding venue! We are glad you had the chance to relax in the hotel after your busy wedding the year before and that you found the room and service such a high standard.

We are delighted you had such a nice stay and look forward to trying to top it next year.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here overnight with my husband and son in a family room and my father had a double room. I made the bookings via telephone and got a great deal on the rooms - better than on line.
Arrived and as we entered the hotel we noted it was really festive, spotlessly clean and very welcoming. Reception staff were lovely checkin was fast and efficient. Our rooms were clean the family room is actually two adjoining rooms with two bathrooms which is a plus, both rooms have tv and the room where my son was had a xbox (you can get games and controller at reception for a £20 returnable deposit). Bar was friendly well staffed and well stocked with good atmosphere.
Breakfast is an absolute delight here with loads to choose from, tea and coffee served to you and the breakfast room is a lovely bright room with great views. I have to say this hotel is first class, couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Sallyannie,

Thank you for the lovely review. It's always worth speaking to our reception staff who will always try to find you the best offer to suit your stay.

I'm delighted to hear that all aspects of your stay were of the standard you would expect and we hope that you will come back and visit us again soon. Have a lovely Christmas!

Stradey Park Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanelli
Best Western Diplomat Hotel & Spa
Three Rivers Hotel
Three Rivers Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ferryside
Swansea Marriott Hotel

Been to Stradey Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!