“stayed 4 times in 2 years”

Stradey Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Llanelli
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed in 14 hotels around the U.K. on our last trip and found the Stradey Park to be by far the best. fantastic staff especialy Shasha on the front desk who was charming and a credit to any hotel.She went out of her way to keep phoning my wife to inform her that she had left her purse in the room,.We were on our way to gatwick and had popped in a relatives to say goodbye and the phone was in our rental car so her persistance meant we only had a short trip back to the hotel to pick it up. fantastic breakfast. Keep up the good work and we hope to see you next year.
Phil and Shan,
Vancouver,
Canada.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank phil n
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Phil and Shan,

Thank you for the high praise! It's nice to be thought of so highly.

We are very lucky to have such a great team of staff and Sacha is lovely. I will pass on your message, she will be glad to hear it! :)

It would be lovely if you came to visit again next year all the way from Canada. We are glad you enjoyed your stay so much and there will be a warm Welsh welcome awaiting you upon your return.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

It's easy to nit-pick about hotels but this one was surprisingly good! We booked fairly late on Expedia and got a good rate and were expecting that something wouldn't measure up. Wrong! Pleasant staff, nice light and airy room, very comfy bed, good restaurant and great breakfast. Well done Stradey Park!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CabDriverA4

Dear CabDriver,

Thank you for taking the time to review Stradey Park Hotel on TripAdvisor. It's great that you enjoyed your stay enough to take time out and put a review up, much appreciated.

I'm delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you got a good rate. We pride ourselves on affordable luxury.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you for choosing Stradey Park Hotel.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

In September I posted a review that while generally complimentary commented adversely on the disabled facilities especially for wheelchair users.(My daughter is a wheelchair user). This related to small bathrooms with no turning space and lack of disabled parking (one space only).

During our stay the Duty Manager listened carefully to my daughter's suggestions spending time with her to actually see the problems. She then made sure a Director was aware of these matters.

The hotel manager responded to the posting but more important the hotel has put in hand extensive building works to remedy the deficiencies. Obviously these take time but by the end of Feb 2013 all should be well. As the hotel was in all other respects very good with outstanding staff we have no hesitation in recommending it to users of all abilities.

As regards rooms check if there are weddings so you are not near the disco! Additionally the excellent restaurant, Samphires, can be overun when there is a function.

Well done Stradey Park!

Room Tip: Keep away from the disco if a function is on.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LesStaffordshire
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Les,

Thank you for re-posting your review and for your comments regarding our pro-active response. We want all of our guests to enjoy the same level of service and enjoyment when they stay, with this in mind we always listen to feedback very carefully and wherever possible act on it.

We hope you will come back and visit after the rooms have been adapted and let us know what you think.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We all enjoyed a family wedding at this excellent hotel, with first class service and very helpful and friendly staff. The Boutique room in which we stayed was of a very high standard and well equipped. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel as a wedding venue, with a good ambience, attentive staff, a pleasant rooftop lounge and well cooked food.

Room Tip: There are nice views at the front of the hotel, but delivery drivers may wake you around 7am.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SteveLlanelli
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the hotel. I am delighted to hear that the wedding you attended was a success and that you felt the service was first class.

Thank you for the recommendation, customer recommendations are the best form of advertising we could hope for. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you will come and visit us again soon. As you're local maybe for a Christmas party?

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed for 12 Nights. Expansive room, 38 inch tv, comfortable bed, nice decor, friendly staff, ample parking, free (high-speed) WiFi, short walk to the town and booking through Expedia one of the best rates in the town. Couldn't have asked for more.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Silverfoxmickh
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Mick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Stradey Park Hotel. I'm delighted to hear you found no faults with the service in your 12 day break.

We hope that if you want to visit Wales again that you will call in and pay us a visit.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I checked into Stradey Park Hotel in Furnace, Llanelli on 17th Sept. for three nights with my disable wife. At my request, I was allocated a room on ground floor with so-called disable facilities. We received warm welcome. The room was reasonably large and clean with normal bath room. The restaurant was very nice with good food and plenty to eat at the breakfast time. Everything seemed okay until we decided to have shower after we arrived driving over 200 miles from London. Both my wife and I was shocked when I saw the bathroom flooded with water. I got panic and put all the available towels around the shower cubicle to stop the water spreading beyond the bathroom. I thought we made some mistake in adjusting the walk-in shower doors. Unfortunately, the same thing happened again next morning and I had no option but to cover most of the flooded area with towels. The matter was reported to the Receptionist on three occasions in one day i.e. on 18th, but nothing was done except promises. On 19th, I called the Duty Manager after we had shower in the morning. She was shocked to see the wet towels every where on bathroom floor. She immediately called the Maintenance Manager who was equally shocked. He promised to rectify the problem but could not help very much. He admitted that he received no reports earlier. In my opinion the walk-in shower was very badly designed with less than 3 ft high flimsy doors. The curtains were old and dirty plus difficult to pull into position particularly for a disable person. Now a days, the market is full of stylish shower cubicles with high plastic walls/doors suitable for disable/elderly people. Unfortunately, the base of the cubicle was not deep enough to hold the water. It simply overflowed to the bathroom area despite adjusting the rubber seal at the bottom of the doors which were mainly damaged or out of place. A note was placed by the Management on the bathroom wall warning occupants that the rubber seal should be facing inside the shower cubicle. It shows that the previous occupants also faced the similar problem but the Management made no efforts to resolve it and continued to allocate the room to their disable customers. Our short holiday was completely ruined as we could not use the shower without the fear of flooding the bathroom. So, we continued to stay in such conditions for another day and returned to London on 20th September. I received no further comments or apologies from the Management. I visit South Wales almost every year for social/religious events and stay at different venues. This is the first time that I experienced such problem in a top hotel in South Wales.

Room Tip: I would not advise any disable travellers to stay in Stradey Park Hotel. Once you are in, they do n...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mehta,

I'm very sorry to hear of your difficulty with the walk-in shower and that the matter wasn't dealt with to your satisfaction. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and your comments have been noted and will be addressed.

There are plans underway to knock rooms through to create bathrooms that are double the size for easier wheelchair access. A member of senior management will contact you in due course regarding this.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My mum and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in August and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

The rooms, although not particularly large, are clean and comfortable with everything you would expect/need.

My biggest praise is for the staff, I really cannot speak highly enough of them. Everyone we encountered whether it be in the bar, restaurant, reception etc were the most friendly bunch of people you could wish to meet and nothing was too much trouble.

The main restaurant is excellent, definitely worth sampling if you are staying over.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for accommodation in this area and if you are reading this, Stradey Park, well done and thank you!

Room Tip: The Boutique Room is lovely if you want to spend a little bit more an upgrade.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank flashipants
Daniel B, Manager at Stradey Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Flashipants,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of the hotel. We are always listening out for what our guests say about their stay to make sure we continue to offer a high level of service and address any potential issues quickly.

I am delighted to hear that you and your mum enjoyed your stay so much and that you found all of our staff so friendly, we are very proud of them.

It's always nice to hear praise for our restaurant as well as praise for the hotel. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to give you a warm Welsh welcome again in the future.

Stradey Park Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanelli
Best Western Diplomat Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oxwich
The Plough Rhosmaen
The Plough Rhosmaen
#1 of 3 in Llandeilo

Been to Stradey Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!