“Lunch”

Cuisines: European, French, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Sosban Fach menu on the website looked good so booked a table for 2 (lunchtime). Restaurant was pretty quiet. Sosban Fach menu looked good, food was excellent both in taste and value. First time visited this year and there is a marked change in the standard of service.... would not describe the service as what would be expected for fine dining. If I had ordered from the main menu I would have been seriously annoyed as the prices on that menu do not reflect the standard of service. Whether you have the Sosban Fach menu or the main menu the standard of service should be the same.

3  Thank BRH60

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We try and visit once a month or so. Latest visit was on St David's Day. Had the cawl which was tasty but a little too much salt followed by lamb. As usual the service and atmosphere was very good.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Sosban is a truly wonderful experience for those in search of the perfect location for a special occasion. We have returned four times in the last year or so and each time the staff have remembered us and treated us like old friends. The use of Welsh amongst the staff is very refreshing and adds desirability to the restaurant. We enjoy the variability of the menu and the fact that there is always something tantalising to tempt the taste buds. In truth, the restaurant isn't the cheapest place to each however, it's worth paying the little extra for the atmosphere alone. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

A stunning restoration to this building-amazing interior. Easy to book online. Exemplary service. Lamb was amongst the best my partner had tasted! The vegetarian choice was limited and the pithivier on offer was "ok". Side order of mash delicious, as was the bread they brought us to start. Great cocktail and wine list. Desserts seemed to be healthy twists on traditional (cheesecake tasted like creme fraiche more than anything and apple trifle jelly with ice on top!). Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Jo D
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I brought my mother and mother inlaw here for a special treat. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals, stunning really stunning. Mum had lamb tangine which was so tender and full of Moroccan flavour, mum inlaw had the pork delicious again full of flavour and I had the beef omg fabulous. It was like butter. It is fine dinning so meals looked small but we were full up as the quality was fantastic. My only gripe was the cheese board 4 crackers between me & mum. I did speak to the waiter when I paid & suggested if only 4crackers maybe a couple of grapes would have bn nice. He apologised & said it should have come with bread & he'd let the manager know......fab but maybe a coffee as an gesture would have bn nice but nothing and I did spend almost £100 so disappointed at the end. Will I come back? Maybe but the end experience has left a sour taste in my mouth.

3  Thank mamsboys