“Car Park Warning.”

Premier Inn Llanelli Central East Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Llanelli
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The car park for this hotel is used as free car parking for the nearby rugby stadium. I arrived at 7 pm to find the car park jammed packed with no alternative parking available. Frightening experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Llanelli Central East Premier Inn was my home from home whilst travelling for work last week.
Its a nice Hotel with a great Beefeater on the side.
A good nights sleep, well rested after a great meal and then a great breakfast to set me up for the next day.
You just can't get better than a Premier Inn for the price.
Well done guys and gals - I'll be back nect time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back will be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Lovely welcome by receptionist both checking in and out.
The resturant however I would give a miss, very poor service.
Dinner, drinks ordered no longer availble and food ordered no jacket potato available!
Such basic things to order. When dinner arrived items were left off the plate which were described on the menu.
Breakfast was awful, waited half an hour for someone to take our order.
The welcome was great bit it was down hill from there on.
No cups, plates, hot water, spoons the list goes on.
The mess on the help yourself cereal bar was unacceptable, there was food split everywhere.
There really was no excuse as there were only about four tables being used when we got there.
When food came most of it was cold which was a shame as it looked great but did eat most of it as we were quite hungry by then.
The resturant supervisor did apologise but I do think there are a look of improvements need to be made to the way customers are looked after.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at Premier Inn on1st feb to the 4th the hotel and room was very clean and provided good value for money the room had everything in it we needed. The staff were friendly and helpful.We stayed on the 2nd floor at the front which over looked the main road but there was no noise.The hotel is in a good position for a large choice of shops and aminites.

Room Tip: rooms not faceing the road would be quieter from road noise
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel in mid January on business.

I found the Receptionist on duty really helpful but rushed off her feet. She was having to run back and forth to book in reservations for dinner in the Restaurant. This I found unfair because the Hotel is located quite a way from the Hotel and the lazy staff in the Restaurant could have quite easily popped over every now and again to get the reservations from her.

Although my room was nice and well cleaned, I was placed right upstairs in what seemed like a loft. I find locating an alone female traveller far away from Reception quite unacceptable as I believe, for safety reasons, alone travelling females should be allocated as near to the Reception desk as possible! This is a brand standard in a lot of other Hotel chains.

I had booked the Meal Deal so I went straight down to the Restaurant. Up on arrival to the Restaurant, I bumped into the Receptionist that checked me in and joked with her that she was running around like a headless chicken whilst she had a queue of guests waiting to check-in at the main Reception. This poor lady had no support which I think the Management needs to review.

I waited for around 10 minutes to be noticed and seated but after a long day, I was just happy to sit down for my meal. The waitress approached me and handed me a menu, I advised her that I had booked the Meal Deal and she went off looking for a menu for the Meal Deals. Up on her return, she advised that there wasn't one copy of the Special Meal Deal Menu anywhere in the Restaurant! So she ended up standing at the till and shouted across to me all of the options that were available. HOW EMBARRASSING! Everyone in the dining room looked over.

In a nut shell, it took from 5.45pm - 7.15pm for me to be served my 3 course meal, bearing in mind I was on my own, this I found a total joke. The waiting staff were unprofessional and slow and the bar staff, well they were just rude! This lead me not to bother even going down for Breakfast in the morning and I left the Hotel hungry (Although I had paid for Breakfast).

Overall, I would stay at the Hotel again as it's a lovely Hotel and cleaned very well but I will never book another table in this Restaurant, I would rather find a local Chip Shop or Supermarket!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TheNatster75
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Llanelli Central East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide a high level of service in all establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. Please accept my apologies that your dining experience fell far short of your expectations on this occasion. Please be assured that feedback is very important to us and we would like the opportunity to investigate further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel is fine, exactly what you would expect from a Premier Inn and the hotel staff were very helpul however the service we received in the adjacent Beefeater was awful, The meals were incomplete or served with the wrong side dishes, steaks were badly cooked and the customer service was some of the worse I have ever experienced. Our table wasnt cleared all evening so we ate at a table full of dirty glasses. After the first evening I spoke to the duty manager and made her aware of all the problems we had encountered and was assured there would be a significant improvement on the following evening but the service was even worse which I wouldnt have believed possible . It is such a shame as we have used the Beefeater many times before and were always very pleased with the service but since December 12 something appears to have gone very wrong as this is now the second time we have received really poor service in the Beefeater. All is not lost though as there is a Frankie and Benny's nearby which may provide a suitable alternative.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank angie431
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Recently stayed here for 2 nights, had a lovely welcome and friendly reception through out our stay. The place was nice and clean we were at the 3rd floor but at front of building. ( it was peacefull and couldnt hear the traffice too much) The room and bathroom were clean and tidy it had a lovely comfy bed and Tv with kettle and tea and coffee.
It has a beefeater restraunt next door and morrisons store is next door and close to trostre shopping centre and parc y scarlets. Llanelli town centre is close by. Stayed for 2 nights to have a break away and it was lovely. Will def be booking again sometime this year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple