I was warned by my travel agent about the long bus ride, but being alone, it didn`t really matter to me.
Arriving at the Hotel at 12:30 AM, in the rain, the staff at the front desk was still very nice, and the rest of the night staff were all waiting to help take bags to the rooms, and cleaning up.
We were all hungry after the trip, and ended up at the 24 hour snack bar and pool bar.
I really liked the Hotel, it was clean and the staff, although really unable to fix some problems, were very empathetic!
The only problem I really saw, was the water going on and off. Not really serious unless you happen to be shampooing your hair at the time!!! Water at this end of Cuba is supplied by a desalination plant where the diesel engines that run the pumps need replacing!
The food in the restaurant, while lacking some variety and some quality, was quite good and certainly was nourishing! ( I didn`t lose any weight on this vacation!) Don't go expecting 5-star service and you will be very happy!
Yes, some people started lining up for dinner at 6, but if you wait until after 7:30, you get in and there is no rush to leave room for the next group.
Th extra 12 Convertible Pesos is worth it for the Langouste dinner! Eat it at the Beach restaurant, much nicer ambience!
The beach is absolutely gorgeous! No other Hotel to have to share it with! Miles of sand and warm water and waves!
The staff at the Watersport building were so helpful and accomodating, always happy and eager to help. There is lots to see just snorkeling, or going out on the boat to snorkel. The Scuba Diving is spectacular, with diviing off the underwater cliff into the abyss of the Carribbean!
Sailing the Hobie Cats is a great rush!
The rooms are well cleaned by a very pleasant staff. The rooms are spacious, the airconditioning is quiet and works well, TV stations are sparse, but who wants TV in a paradise like this! Every room has a nice view. ( There is a movie channel and CNN)
I only swam once in the clean salt-water pool, at 4 AM at the bar, after a party at the Disco!!
The Disco is set far off at the right side of the property, so the music doesn`t disturb the early sleepers! DJ Kendry pumps out the tunes and everyone does the Salsa after the lessons from Julian, Lucy and Elizabeth!
The Animation Staff are exceptional, and never stop, from the early morning stretching on the beach, to the last note at the Disco, they are always with the guests, helping, talking, and partying!
The evening shows at the stage are always fun, and the Bartenders are there to mix great drinks with a smile!
The hotel is barely a 3 star, sometimes a 2-1/2! But it is still a paradise! If you want to have food like at home, or can`t get into the slower rhythm of the Island, you won`t be happy. If you can understand that a Cuban 10 minutes is a lot longer than a Canadian 30 minutes, then you are at the right place!!
Bring lots of Dollarama stuff to give out as tips instead of money, bring some clothes that you can leave for them, they love baby clothes, bags of balloons for kids parties, books, toys and lots of toiletries that you leave after your trip.
The Coffee in the morning, with the hot milk is exceptionally good! Buy some to take home!
Don`t go here to do sightseeing or shopping, just to relax at the hotel. There is an excursion to the nearest town, Puerto Padre, but it isn`t much to see.
This place is great and I would definately go back again, hoping to go again one day and meet up with the group of friends that I met there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brisas Covarrubias is a cozy and intimate beachfront resort located on a long, secluded beach of the same name on the north coast of the province of Las Tunas in Cuba. The soft powdery sand combined with shades of turquoise and blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean and surrounded by a coral reef makes Covarrubias beach one of the most impressive beaches in Cuba. Ideal place for diving, located in zone of impressive marine fauna. It has in all its areas of service internet connection wifi. Its rooms are characterized by a high standard of size, very comfortable that will make you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Brisas Covarrubias Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Covarrubias Hotel Puerto Padre
- Resort All Inclusive Covarrubias
- Brisas Covarrubias Hotel Cuba/Puerto Padre