I told my husband before we left, that we like camping. So if it's better then that we could be happy. We were going for the sand, sun, and the ocean. The beach is beautiful. The sun was hot, except for a few days were it was overcast. But I used that for some relaxing time and a lot of reading. The balcony was great for reading. The resort has hit and miss. If you could over look things you could have a wonderful vacation.
The bus ride was 2 hours.If you arrive in the day it was a beautiful ride. Lots to see on the way. The check in was horrible. 1 person checking in 2 bus loads of people. We were lucky that we were the second people in line, but it still took forever. And then we still didnt get our rooms for 3 hours. We had our kids with us and they were going to give us rooms on different floors. Our kids are 15 and 6 so that didnt fly with us. My husband had to fight with them for a half hour to get rooms beside each other. we didnt get adjoining rooms but at least the kids were beside us. After all that we were on our way to the rooms and a couple women told us don't be surprised when you get in that there is no water. So when we got in there was no water. We were like" great". But I said it's still better then camping. The rooms are really nice and big and clean. Really nice balconies. A couple things could be fixed in the rooms but for the most part they were really nice. I WOULD SAY BRING YOUR OWN PILLOWS. Theres are really lumpy.
The food was the best I have had in Cuba. The buffet was great. A little repetitive. But it was alway great and I didnt hear of anyone getting sick. The 24 hour snack bar at the beach had the best meals at lunch. From 12 - 2:30 they served a sit down lunch. The fish and chicken was so good. Loved the rice with veggies and the chicken soup. The A la carte was horrible. We had the seafood and it was gross. The fish wasn't cooked, the lobster was like rubber. Heard the chicken was good. But after our dinner we all went to the buffet for a real dinner. Everyone I talked to the went to the A la carte hated it. Oh and if you didnt want to spend time waiting in lines for dinner at the buffet get there early. For breasfast we were there at 7:30 and dinner at 6:30. There were no lines.
The drinks were good. The bartenders were really nice. BUT IF YOU HAVE KIDS WATCH WHAT THEY ARE DRINKING. Make sure the are only getting juice.The grenadine the is 26% alcohol. So no sherly temples. We found that out after the little kids had been drinking a few of them. The disco was good. Beautiful spot for it on the water. And a nice walk back to your room on the beach.
The pools were nice. We didnt spend time there really cause the beach was so nice. If you want to get a spot at the pool or beach you will want to get up early, cause the spots went fast. The water was beauitful. We went out snorkeling. The catamaran will take you out to a good spot to snorkel. And it doesn't cost you anything. Make sure you wear lots of sunscreen. Even with 60 you will burn. Beautiful sunset :)
If you go for a walk. Go out the front of the hotel. Go to our right and head to the road. Once at the road go to your left. That takes you to the beach. At the beach walk to your left and you can follow it back to the resort. There are lots of shells to be found there. And at the bridge before the beach there are round things that look like lilly pad but if you get something to flip them over I was told the are jellyfish.
The shows were pretty good. The kids had fun. When they had the kids part of the night. The activity part of the resort for the kids didnt seem to exist. But our kids were so busy at the beach it didnt matter.
The bugs were really bad. The sand fleas were crazy. Bring spray and cream to put on your bites. Cause you will get them.
But overall. We all had a great vacation. Most relaxing one yet. Thank you to all the staff. They all did a wonderful job. And the gardeners were really nice. For the right price I would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brisas Covarrubias is a cozy and intimate beachfront resort located on a long, secluded beach of the same name on the north coast of the province of Las Tunas in Cuba. The soft powdery sand combined with shades of turquoise and blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean and surrounded by a coral reef makes Covarrubias beach one of the most impressive beaches in Cuba. Ideal place for diving, located in zone of impressive marine fauna. It has in all its areas of service internet connection wifi. Its rooms are characterized by a high standard of size, very comfortable that will make you feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Brisas Covarrubias Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Covarrubias Hotel Puerto Padre
- Resort All Inclusive Covarrubias
- Brisas Covarrubias Hotel Cuba/Puerto Padre