“Beware hidden costs!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cerro Maggiore
Dallas, Texas
“Beware hidden costs!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel itself was nice, but they did a terrible job of explaining any additional costs to us. I did some laundry and knew, of course, that it wasn't free, but I assumed it was by the load. I had no idea I would be about to pay USD$100 for a small load of laundry!!

If you need clean clothes, just be willing to pay up: 1 shirt is USD USD$9, pants are USD$12, a dress is $20 & a single pair of socks is USD$3.50! They also use a vendor outside the hotel & will refuse to comp anything if there is any misunderstanding.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank honest_traveler145
LeonardoSerranti1, Direttore at UNA Hotel Malpensa, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

first of all we would like to thank you for having taken some time to leave comments of your recent stay at UNA Hotel Malpensa. Please accept our apologies for what was not on line with your expectations. In each room our Clients can find the Laundry Bag with the price list of each item, list that has to be filled in to obtain the service. This is an easy way to let Guests know the total amount that they will pay. We use an external laundry because we want to give the best service to our Guests and we are really sorry to see that you're not pleased with it and to learn that services in Italy are more expensive than in other countries.
Hoping to be at your service in the next future, we remain.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you have no car, the walk from the center takes 30mn. Rooms are nice, big enough, very clean. Friendly staff too. Breakfast was way more than what we expected (excellent buffet). Maybe better for a business trip than a family holiday. One negative point : wi-fi cost 25euros for a day (one hour is free).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
UNAMalpensa_GenMgr, Direttore at UNA Hotel Malpensa, responded to this review, May 19, 2016
Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience about your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel! We hope your travels will bring you again to Milan and we will be glad to welcoming you again in the UNA Hotels world, be well until then
athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel is very clear and "bello" over all , there is one of the few breakfast buffet with organic corner .Attentive throughout the part of the reception team.
Simple and clean rooms and baths without decoration
Very expensive charge on the wi-fi internet.
Ideal hotel for those wanting to be close to Milan and the airport .The problem was that we
needed personal transportation because public transport is far away.
There is a very useful shopping center in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: beautiful views over the 8th floor......
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank thmark
Potters Bar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was my second stay in the UNA. I stayed here for six months whilst working locally in 2009 and as a reult, UNA was my first port of call when returning.
The rooms are well equipped, the staff very helpful and friendly.
For "sinners" like me, there are also some smoking allowed rooms!!
The food is excellent in the Restaurant. Mention my name to Steffano and you will be well looked after.
Dont expect a fantastic atmosphere in the bar - I havent found an Hotel in the whole of Northern Italy that has one - it is quiet, very quiet.
That said, I would not hesitate to recommend the UNA to any of my fellow business travellers.

Room Tip: A "de luxe" is well worth the extra few Euros!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel 1 night during a recent business trip to Milan. 20 minutes driving from Malpensa and only 20 minutes to the Trade fair "Rho". Rent a car and the location is just perfect. Nice, clean and good size rooms.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel is lovely. However, I called hotel when my husband and I got off train in Milan Centrale. I asked if we could get to hotel by subway. I was told my Terese that we had to go to airport and called for hotel shuttle. It cost 20 euro to get to airport. At airport...no shuttle so I called and got Terese who said she would send shuttle. Waitind 30 minutes. When we arrived at hotel I was given a 40 euro bill for shuttle service. I was dumbfounded. I was also told we could get a special rate for the next's morning shuttle to airport to catch our plane, only 23 euro. Hotel was nice but this really put a damper on our trip. I found out we could have taken subway to within 3 blocks of hotel for under 10 euro! Lesson learned....ask a lot of questions!!!!! Also, had me down for one person not two.

Room Tip: Get information in writing
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ju29ro30sulcampo, Direttore at UNA Hotel Malpensa, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
we are sorry to see that you were not pleased with your stay at UNA Hotel Malpensa and in the meantime we would like to thank you for letting us know what didn't meet your expectations. This is of great help and gives us the opportunity to improve our standards. Anyway I would like to inform you that we do not have employee by the name of Teresa working in our hotel as well as there is no subway that links Legnano to Milan; normally when our customers are at Milan Central Station we suggest them or to take a taxi or to move to Cadorna Station and take a train to Rescaldina Station (10 min by taxi frm our hotel). Regardng shuttle from/to Malpensa Airport we confirm that booking an executive room shuttle is complimentary, otherwise we offer a shuttle service at fix price of 23.00€ fm 06:30 to 08:30 am fm 19:00 until 21:00pm, last we propose a private car service with no time limit at 40.00€.

Hoping that in the future you will give us another opportunity to be at your service, kind regards

Leonardo Serranti
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Ok guys, here's the latest as of September 12, 2012. The Una Hotel at Malpensa is a nice hotel when it comes to cleanliness, service and the restaurant. In fact, I don't think you will find a more accommodating staff, (professional, cordial and eager to please). If you want a five star hotel the Una Malpensa is not it. I'd rate it 3.5 to 4 stars simply because the decor needs to be updated. The pictures show a modern atmosphere and it is....closer to the 1970s/1980s. By the way...if you like a soft, plush mattress this is not the place. It took me a couple of nights to get used to the ultra-firm, hard mattress!

Here's the big problem. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport, but more importantly inconvenient when it comes to going to Milan. It took me an average of 30 minutes to get to Cadorna from the hotel. You will need to take a local bus to Cadorna, (which is a 5 minute walk to the bus stop on a obscure one-way street), and then take the Metro if you want to go to the Duomo or the central rail station. (You can take a cab to the Duomo from Cadorna for about 6 to 7 euro.) If you decide to take hotel car service to Milan it will cost you about 60 euro each way.
(In other words you can spend a fortune on taxis if you're not one to take the bus/trains. I speak fluent Italian so it was pretty easy for me to get directions. Oh...one important thing. If you decide to take the bus, be advised that it stops running at 8:50pm. I would therefore suggest getting a copy of the bus/train schedules available at the front desk. Bus tickets cost 2.85 euro each way. Pretty economical.

Bottom line.........nice hotel but inconvenient when it comes to getting to Milan, (or anywhere else for that matter). You can get around, but it's a little bit of a hassle. Would I go there again? Yes, but only if I rented a car!!! I spent close to 400 euro just in car service and I took the bus/trains a couple of times during my 5 day stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
#74 of 430 in Milan
Starhotels Grand Milan
Starhotels Grand Milan
#1 of 6 in Saronno

Been to UNA Hotel Malpensa? Share your experiences!