Sometimes when you go on Holiday you are lucky to find a Hotel that ticks all the boxes - enough for us to return for a fourth stay there.
The Hotel is ideally situated for exploring the Northern area of Sardinia - set in tranquil surroundings with beautiful views of the mountains, on the outskirts of Tempio.
Rooms are a nice size, clean and very comfortable with many having outside verandahs for relaxation. The bathrooms are a lovely size with all you could wish for. There is a nice size swimming pool with sun loungers and we have enjoyed finishing many a days exploring by (or in) the pool.
Breakfasts are Continental with a wide variety to start the day.
The Hotel can also supply picnic lunches.
We also ate Dinner every night at the Hotel as it is not only convenient but offers good value plus the Vino Della Casa to finish off the day.
This visit we were treated to an evening of local traditional dancing and the costumes were beautiful. The large and airy lobby had a collection of traditional Sardinian masks which play a large part in the Festivals of Sardinia.
The service from the staff is impeccable - from the Cleaners to the Waiting Staff nothing is too much trouble and always with a smile.
The owners have put a lot of thought in to the running and decor of the Hotel and if you are looking for a place to explore the little villages in the mountains with stunning views at every turn or the beautiful coastline this is the place we would recommend. It is the perfect base to explore the North of the Island as nothing is too far - but you DO need a car to make the most of the surrounding area and stunning coastline.
We will return again at some time in the future to sample the delights of Sardinia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and run by the Vargiu family, the hotel is located in Tempio Pausania, in Sardinia, one short kilometer from the town center. Immersed in the peace and quiet of Gallura's wooded countryside, Pausania Inn is an ideal base from which to explore many destinations in Northern Sardinia, and it is especially suited to visitors who are looking to enjoy a vacation away from the hustle and bustle of seaside resorts. Surrounded by lush Mediterranean vegetation (including cork oaks, myrtle, and lentisk), the hotel greets you with stunning views of the Mountains of Aggius. Pausania Inn comprises 60 air-conditioned rooms, simple and unfussy, but furnished with care; some have a private little garden or a balcony. On arrival at the hotel, you will immediately be delighted by the beautiful views from its common areas. In the large lobby, you will find books by local authors describing the Sardinian heritage, maps and brochures for you to take, and a charming display of costumes, masks, textiles and other local crafts. On site there is a bar, a restaurant specialized in regional and national cuisine, a panoramic terrace, and a nice outdoor swimming pool. The hotel also has a tennis court, and a large parking area, which can accommodate up to 150 cars, as well as big tour buses. Friendly atmosphere, attention to detail, discretion and dedication to hospitality are our trademarks. The beauty and tranquility of the surrounding countryside, as well as the warm welcome and the attentive service of our staff, will make your holiday with us a source of many cherished memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pausania Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pausania Hotel Tempio Pausania
- Pausania Inn Tempio Pausania, Sardinia, Italy