My husband and I have just returned from a ten day visit to the Pausania. The hotel is set amongst spectacular mountains about 40 minutes from the nearest beach at Isola Rossa. The cooler mountain temperatures (22 degrees) made a very welcome change compared to the beach temperatures of above 30 degrees. Our room was a good size with a little outside terrace shaded under a cork tree. The town of Tempio is about a 10 minute walk away and is very traditional and non-touristy which we found lovely. We chose the half board option at the hotel and were very pleased with the quality and quantity of the 3 course evening meals. The price of a decent bottle of local Sardinian wine was about 10 euros, which we thought to be reasonable for hotel prices.The hotel staff made us feel welcome and were extremely hard working. If you are looking for a real taste of Sardinia this is the place to come!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and run by the Vargiu family, the hotel is located in Tempio Pausania, in Sardinia, one short kilometer from the town center. Immersed in the peace and quiet of Gallura's wooded countryside, Pausania Inn is an ideal base from which to explore many destinations in Northern Sardinia, and it is especially suited to visitors who are looking to enjoy a vacation away from the hustle and bustle of seaside resorts. Surrounded by lush Mediterranean vegetation (including cork oaks, myrtle, and lentisk), the hotel greets you with stunning views of the Mountains of Aggius. Pausania Inn comprises 60 air-conditioned rooms, simple and unfussy, but furnished with care; some have a private little garden or a balcony. On arrival at the hotel, you will immediately be delighted by the beautiful views from its common areas. In the large lobby, you will find books by local authors describing the Sardinian heritage, maps and brochures for you to take, and a charming display of costumes, masks, textiles and other local crafts. On site there is a bar, a restaurant specialized in regional and national cuisine, a panoramic terrace, and a nice outdoor swimming pool. The hotel also has a tennis court, and a large parking area, which can accommodate up to 150 cars, as well as big tour buses. Friendly atmosphere, attention to detail, discretion and dedication to hospitality are our trademarks. The beauty and tranquility of the surrounding countryside, as well as the warm welcome and the attentive service of our staff, will make your holiday with us a source of many cherished memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Pausania Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pausania Hotel Tempio Pausania
- Pausania Inn Tempio Pausania, Sardinia, Italy