“Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2019

The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I have dairy intolerance and they took time and effort to make sure my meal was suitable. The portions were good sized.
A good place to stop on the A69

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank cliff749

Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful Sunday lunch , plentiful, vegetables cooked perfectly Warm friendly staff. Definitely recommend

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

I came across this little gem when working in the area last year. When we visited again I knew there was only one place we were going to eat. The pies are fantastic. Me and my dad both agreed their gravy is an absolute triumph! It's a real shame I was driving because the ale was that good I could have drank 10 pints. I'll be back again next year and we'll be visiting here for sure. The locals are spoilt with a place like this!

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank moorekarl
Reviewed September 17, 2018

From the outside all painted black this pub looks like it could be very run down inside and in need of some tlc. We called in for a drink to cross off another dog friendly place and were very surprised by the interior, the bar area at the front is like stepping back in time with an array of ornaments from the past and a piano in the corner. Staff were friendly and welcoming offering the dog water. Through the back it opens up into a lovely room with original brick walls and a cartwheel done as a light fitting. Old uniforms on the wall and a feel character feel to it. Nice beer on offer, I imagine this place is a pub where everybody knows everybody and their business and everyone as their own seat, lucky for us we were the only ones in. The only downside to the bar area was that it smelled a bit of stale wee and cigarette smoke.

Date of visit: September 2018
5  Thank Kep70
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Good food and excellent service in a very interesting building. It also has a very friendly pub bar.

Date of visit: September 2018