“Victorian Guest House B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saltburn-by-the-Sea
Victorian Guesthouse
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Victorian Guest House B&B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a lovely overnight stay at the Victorian Guest House. Our room was nicely decorated and plenty big enough. The Quality Streets and proper coffee on arrival were much appreciated! Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, with fruit, yogurt, various cereals and a cooked option with lovely sausages and bacon. A couple of minor issues were a rather temperamental shower and curtains which didn't make the room very dark so we woke up quite early! We would stay again though, and Saltburn is definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay. The room was very clean and spacious en-suite and everything you expect from a top notch establishment.
The breakfast we had was melon, orange juice, a choice of about 10 cereals, followed by a full English breakfast and toast and croissants. Luckily we were on a walking holiday!
Our room was full of all the mod cons but the dining room and hall were sensational and was like going back in time to the Victorian days. Wonderful. Would love to go back there again. Thank you Susan and Stewart for your home and hospitality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I booked the self-catering cottage from Susan and Stewart so that I could return to my hometown for Christmas 2012 with my Husband. We arrived on Christmas Eve for a 3 night stay. From the moment we arrived we felt at home, Susan and Stewart had ensured the essentials were there for us, milk, sugar, bread, etc. - a most unexpected, but very welcome touch as I had neglected to bring bread (thanks!). The cottage was well equipped, cosy and immaculately clean and tidy. Furnished predominantly with antique furniture adds to the ambience and is a delightful change from the usual characterless melamine furnishings that are passed as 'modern chic'.
We had a wonderful time at the cottage and would not hesitate to book again in the future. I cannot recommend the cottage and Susan and Stewart enough - great accommodation and wonderfully friendly hosts. Thank you Susan and Stewart for helping to make Christmas 2012 one of the best we've had!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked my mum into this guesthouse at very last minute in September this Year. The owners were extremely helpful with information and accommodating her and also making her feel comfortable and welcome when she was on her own. I felt at ease knowing she was looked after. I saw the room (the one separate to the main house) the following day and thought it was a really lovely little room with everything you would need. I'd recommend this friends and family. Good value for money too. Thanks again for your hospitality.

Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I loved the cottage and the Morgan's. First time to Saltburn and what a pleasure to have such friendly and accommodating owners. Our baby girl, just 5 months at the time, loved both Sue and Steward, so friendly - kept us up laughing.
The cottage was very spacious, decor was fantastic, and so clean. We planned to stay 2 nights, but extended 2 extra nights before traveling to London for friends wedding.
My wife is very picky with beds, sheets, and cleanliness, we have left many hotels in frustration... as I said we stayed 2 extra nights.
We loved it... can't wait to bring our baby girl back to see them when she is a bit older.
Highly recommended for family looking for genuine people and lovely home-style place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JayJonas
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at the Victorian Guest house on a last minute booking, Met by Sue the Landlady who went out of her way to make me feel welcome, even giving me a choice of room,!! I decided to stay in the room which is separate from the main house, It has a kitchen area with fridge microwave and eating bar, tea coffee and a jug of fresh milk, chocolates too yummy, There is a seperate huge storage room, and a cosy sitting area with television The bed was comfortable and despite being on a street side was very quiet. Constant hot water and a shower perfect!! The room suited me and perfect for anyone wanting to do their 'Own thing' I popped out a took back fish and chips!
In the morning Sue made a lovely breakfast which included home made bread, and oodles of coffee, the room furnished in Victorian style, cosy and warm. Again Sue was helpful and had a great northern sense of humour which made me feel happy to be there.
Have read another review about the same room and wonder if the young girl stayed in the same place! however, if you are courteous a friendly, even if you are paying to stay somewhere, I am sure you will get the same back.
Can not rate my stay more enjoyable, Thanks Sue and Stewart.

Room Tip: Very central to Saltburn for shops beach etc.
Saltburn, null, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

the owner seemed to have two personalities, one second lovely, then hostile. I moved in as temporary accommodation, I wouldn't pay £1 a night never mind £35per person a night!
the owner said because of my condition she would switch on the heating 10minutes before I came from college, she didn't.
The sannyflow system gurgled all night.
The shower tray was an inch deep, i had to turn the shower off every few minutes so it could drain.
The shower had 2 settings, freezing and boiling
I was meant to be there two weeks and the 3 days i was there the bin was already over flowing and smelling the room out and i had nothing to change the bin
The room wasn't insulated it was freezing
The curtains didn't fit the windows and light was coming in all night and i could hear people walking up and down the street all night.
Whilst i was packing up to go i realised why i felt on a tilt whilst i was sleeping, the bed legs and collapsed a little at the back, i'm 110lb, not like i broke it myself so if someone did break the bed the owner should fix it!
in the little kitchenette, i had to double wash the cutlery and pots etc., when i got there as there were marks (water and food) all over it, it seemed there was a lot of storage space all over the room and kitchen but it was mainly filled with the owners junk.
hummm i think thats it...the good side....the mattress would of been comfy if the bed wasn't on a tilt...? yeah i think that was it lol :P

3 Thank Jessica B
morgans123, Owner at Victorian Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello Jesica Bardney,
It is no surprise to me that you couldn,t last more than3 days at collage, maybe17 is to young if you can not manage to empty your own rubbish bin.
This is self-catering accommodation.
By the way the annex is rated 4* by visit britain and it was given to you at £30pr night not £35
a special rate witch has not yet been paid in full.
I was not aware that you had a condition and the boiler was there for you to control at whatever time and temperature you required.
Missing your boyfriend and being afraid of the collage is no reason to have a go at me.I suppose you just have to blame someone because you wont admit you couldn,t hack it.
The owners junk by the way was a surfboard stored for a regular guest.The storage area is large enough for it to be of no consequence and I did give you the option of me removing it when you arrived. MAYBE ITS TIME TO GROW UP A LITTLE.
P.S Your parting complaints about the collage, its students and Tutors have been passed on.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saltburn-by-the-Sea
Brockley Hall Hotel
Raithwaite Estate
#3 of 20 in Whitby
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,946 reviews
The Endeavour Restaurant with Rooms

Been to Victorian Guesthouse? Share your experiences!