This was our third stay at Casa Olea, and we love it more with each visit. Such a beautiful setting, delicious food, and wonderful hosts in Tim and Claire. Claire's cooking is simple yet sophisticated home cooking that's served on the lovely patio, which overlooks the olive tree covered hills. Claire's husband Tim is in charge of the front of the house, tending bar and serving dinner (and keeping interested fans posted on the football scores). Tim will also give you loads of great advice on where to go/dine in the area (if you'd rather not lay by the pool all day). There are fabulous hikes right from the house, or you can rent bikes and hit the rail trails. The benefit of hiking from the house is that Ruby, the resident pooch, will accompany you. A word of warning: her guide services are in great demand, so you should get an early start.
But back to the food. . . On this last visit, we had a really special treat when chef JoseMari prepared a paella with chicken, shrimp, and squid. It was the best paella I've ever had. And JoseMari was kind enough to give my husband some pointers during a tour of Claire's gorgeous kitchen.
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Casa Olea. This is the place to relax and enjoy some of Spain's most beautiful scenery, delicious home cooking, and friendly service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between Granada and Cordoba, ideal base for day trips to the Alhambra and Mezquita. Great for olive groves, mountains, walking, home cooking, relaxing, wildlife and nature. Charming Andalucian cortijo (farmhouse) with indulgent touches: under-floor heating, a/c, super-king beds, Egyptian cotton bedding, pool, bikes for hire. Home-cooked evening meals using locally-sourced, fresh, seasonal ingredients. Good selection of Spanish wines. Strong green credentials: 100% of heating/hot water from biomass boiler & solar panels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Casa Olea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Olea Hotel Priego De Cordoba
- Casa Olea Spain/Province Of Cordoba - Priego De Cordoba