My partner booked this as a birthday weekend getaway treat and all I can say is it's the best stay we have ever had anywhere to date! We were in a country suite in the main building, which looks like an old thatched pub. Very traditional looking on the outside with all the cosy feeling inside, complete with tasteful Christmas decorations! Our room had a small fridge and plates, cups, glasses, etc which we found very useful! The bathroom was huge with bath and separate shower and heated towel rail. We didn't use the bar or restaurant but they looked very inviting and were advised to book a table if we needed one, there is a leisure complex just behind the main building, free to guests, which we took full advantage of by using the indoor pool, jacuzzi and facilities several times. Opening times from 8.30am til 9pm. Great staff too. Nothing was too much trouble and we plan a return visit, there are bargains to be had on some websites. We can't wait to return for another relaxing stay! (Our mobiles didn't always work due to poor signal which added to the peace and quiet! ). There is a car park at the top and you have to walk down a very steep slope or you can park down the bottom, which is closer (but limited spaces due to owners parking). Reception rang on our arrival and the night before we left to check that all was ok and if we needed any assistance with bags in the morning. Bideford is a 15 minute drive away, Barnstaple is a 20 minute drive away. This is a great, get away from it all place to chill out and recharge your batteries!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an old coaching inn from the 15th century, Woodford Bridge Country Club provided food and shelter for weary travelers, yet, while a warm welcome is still guaranteed, the standards and exclusivity of the Country Club have changed somewhat over the centuries. The thatched inn, the focal point of Woodford Bridge, still provides sustenance for guests in search of a superb meal in the friendly surroundings of the bistro. The suites and lodges, which surround the inn, are a home away from home that help to ensure you have a remarkable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Woodford Bridge Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodford Bridge Country Club Hotel Holsworthy
- Woodford Bridge Country Club Holsworthy, Devon, UK