We stayed here for to short two night stays in a different unit each time. Both were spacious, well-furnished and clean. The leisure centre was great, with squash/racketball, table tennis, a small but well-equipped gym, and a swimming pool. Staff were very frienfly and helpful.
In-house restaurant (The Coach House) was rather disappointing (reviewed separately).
The location is quite isolated and a car is essential but there are good walks within 30 minutes drive, including Tarka Trail (cycle hire also an option), SW Coast Path and others.
The units are on a steep hillside so you need to be able to get up and down or use your car.
Oh, and there are peacocks, one of which sat stubbornly on our kitchen window ledge one morning tapping for attention - presumably some guests feed them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an old coaching inn from the 15th century, Woodford Bridge Country Club provided food and shelter for weary travelers, yet, while a warm welcome is still guaranteed, the standards and exclusivity of the Country Club have changed somewhat over the centuries. The thatched inn, the focal point of Woodford Bridge, still provides sustenance for guests in search of a superb meal in the friendly surroundings of the bistro. The suites and lodges, which surround the inn, are a home away from home that help to ensure you have a remarkable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and Hotwire so you can book your Woodford Bridge Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodford Bridge Country Club Hotel Holsworthy
- Woodford Bridge Country Club Holsworthy, Devon, UK