“Hugely disappointing.”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm really baffled by the positive reviews and in complete agreement with the less complimentary ones. We were really looking forward to our meal here and it got off to a good start with a warm welcome in a lovely setting. Unfortunately, that's that last positive thing I can say.

The food was bland and distinctly lacking 'something' - flavour, probably! The portions were tiny and all of the food was served lukewarm. Definitely not value for money.

I wouldn't return. Shame as I think they are the only Chinese restaurant in that area.

6  Thank Traveller206

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We've been to this restaurant twice, the first time 18 months ago before I started reviewing places on here, and 2 weeks ago.
I do remember the first time being ok, not great, but good enough to warrant a return trip. To be honest, I wish I hadn't. Nothing particularly bad, just one of the blandest Chinese meals I've ever had, and I've had a LOT.
We only had a main meal, no starters. Sizzling beef, sweet & sour chicken, special fried rice and prawn crackers. If I'd got the meal from one of my many local takeaways, it'd have been £10 and better, Coral Bay has a captive audience and it seems many of the restaurants can be under par. I really like Coral Bay, I really wish the standard of restaurants was better.

As a footnote, the special fried rice was quite easily the most expensive and worst value I have ever had. I thought they'd got it wrong and given me egg fried rice and a small portion. I seem to remember it was roughly €6. An absolute rip off.

2  Thank swordfish1969
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We ate here twice during our stay when we fancied something a little different.
The decor and style of the restaurant was to a very high standard. The staff were very friendly and efficient.
We enjoyed a large selection of soups, starters and main courses and found them all to be high quality and delicious. We never got as far as desserts.
We really couldn't fault our meals and enjoyed dining here very much.

1  Thank Hairgone_Ronay
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The most tasty chinese cuisine we ever tasted .. wide selection and the service immaculate and always with a smile .. the prices were resonable .. we enjoyed every moment .. dont miss it ...

1  Thank louichi
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Everything was excellent (service is very fast , frendly and fun) , food is very tasty , big plates and the peking duck is absoloutly fantastic yiami yiami :))) In addition decor and fantastic.Also panoramic view from the 1st floor is the best ! More less than other place :)))) i love this place :))) i will go tomorrow and after tomorrow !!
Merci muji c'est merveilleux nuit !

1  Thank Andreastheo