“A sensible choice for a very good, relaxing meal.”
Review of Fresh Restaurant - CLOSED

Fresh Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: FRESH RESTAURANT: FOR THAT SPECIAL NIGHT OUT.Vegetarian and gluten free diners are requested to please notify us telephonically in order to afford our chef the necessary time to prepare you a sensational meal.Kindly note that our operating hours are from 18H00 till late. Please contact us at the above mentioned telephone number for reservations/late arrivals.Regards Team Fresh
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Having numbed my taste buds on my hotels all inclusive menu, I decided to look online for something decidedly different in the Paphos district. Having read several glowing reviews for Fresh, I booked a table. Fresh is tucked away at the end of a road and therefore enjoys privacy away from the hustle and bustle found just minutes away along the main strip of Coral Bay. It's very simplistic facade doesn't give much away until you step inside. The inside seating is spacious and well decorated and the outdoor dining area very airy and the tables well spaced and immaculately presented. The area is clean and modern but feels nice and private. Fresh has an extensive wine list to suit all tastes from the casual to the connoisseur with prices to match. The menu has a wide variety, from fresh fish to duck and steak. Before your starter you are treated to some flavoured crisp breads with an advocado cheese mousse which was lovely. For my starter I chose seared Atlantic scallops on a bed of squash with crispy onions, spinach and balsamic. They went down a treat and were full of flavour and cooked just right. My main affair was the Black Angus fillet steak with black truffle shavings. This was cooked medium, was huge and truly one of the most flavoursome and tender steaks I have ever eaten. Cooked to perfection and imported from Australia, chilled and not frozen. The desserts all sounded lovely but I was full at this point. The meal was rounded off by a complementary glass of Cognac of which you had a choice of brand, which was a nice touch. Only 5 tables were occupied but the service was impeccable and our waiter Sanjay, was fantastic. Knowledgeable on the food and wine and generally a very pleasant man to talk to. The prices of this restaurant may seem high but compared to what you pay for in the overpriced tavernas along Paphos harbour, it isn't. You are paying for exceptionally high quality, fresh ingredients presented well by a very attentive staff. The Russian owner has created a real gem amongst a sea of washed out establishments and the standards at Fresh are high. I will definitely return the next time I come back to Cyprus. If you are after a unique dining experience, romantic or not, Fresh will not dissapoint you.

1  Thank AaronP86
Manager2014, Owner at Fresh Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guests

I was thrilled to read you review this morning and really can't find the words to thank you enough for giving us the gift of recognition for our efforts.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

With loads of love

Victoria and team Fresh.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

After seeing the excellent reviews on here we decided to bear it in mind when looking for somewhere to eat whilst staying nearby overnight. We travelled to the bottom of Coral Bay strip and to our delight we found 'FRESH' an absolutely lovely, quiet, beautiful restaurant. We were welcomed by a pleasant waiter who showed us to our seats in a quiet court yard with a lovely ambience. There was a great selection of foods and drinks. We couldn't fault the lovely Mediterranean foods bursting with flavours. Our two waiters were beyond polite. We had a great experience and would definitely recommend this to friends and family alike. We had such a pleasurable experience. Price was average but for the food your served you cannot fault.. The quality is A*****.

Well done

Thank you for making a pleasurable evening.

1  Thank chazandgaz

Dear Guests

I thank you so much for your review. Receiving honest feed back from you, irrespective of the content, really gives us insight into the customer's experience and we appreciate you taking the time to do so. You are obviously discerning diners and we are happy that you appreciated our performance and want you to know that besides for keeping our ranking on TripAdvisor up, it more importantly gives us great strength.

Bubbly on me :)

With Lots of Love

Victoria

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have eaten in various restaurants in and around Paphos and I can honestly say this was the worst for me. The service was terrible. When asking for Steak they only had the most expensive one out of three even though the restaurant had only been open for a few hours and only had another two tables in. We asked for Two different wines on there wine menu only to be told that they had ran out of them and to top it all I had to send my steak back twice because it was not cooked properly. I was appalled with this restaurant and the prices were shocking.. Also the outside was full of mosquito and the inside had no service or air-conditioning.

5  Thank rhonda1013
Manager2014, Owner at Fresh Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear Rhonda.

Please note that we had to let your daughter go on account of the fact that she was consuming alcohol while on duty and taking far too many smoke breaks. Since you were never here there seems to be no point in addressing your blackmailing attempt.

Regards

Reviewed September 5, 2013

FRESH has a rather unpretentious name to match its unimposing facade and is quite easy to miss unless you are "in the know". We found this wonderful restaurant quite by accident last year and made a point of returning this year.

There is a safe and dedicated parking area adjacent to the restaurant.

On entering, walk straight through to a beautiful garden terrace with lush plants and well-spaced seating that allows for quiet conversation. To the left there is a pre-dinner drinks area.

We had pre-dinner drinks and ordered. When it was time for us to go to our immaculately presented table, drinks were brought seamlessly to the table in a way that one might expect of a restaurant of this standard.

The waiting staff were well turned-out, courteous and had a good understanding of the menu. Service was attentive without being intrusive.

The food was excellent last year, but I understand that there is a new chef who is obviously very talented. The rack of lamb and accompaniments was exceptional. The sea-bass was beautifully flavoured and delicately textured. My guess is that their steaks and other dishes are also pretty special.

If you're somewhat tired of standard taverna fare, and would like to dine in a stylish restaurant that isn't at all stuffy, FRESH is definitely worth a visit at least once during your holiday in the Paphos district.

For the record, I am a UK Heath professional and have no vested interest in writing this glowing report. I just like to give credit where it's due.
Just try FRESH. Also visit their website www.freshincoralbay.com

Martin

Manager2014, Owner at Fresh Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Martin

We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write such a lengthy review and invite you to join us for a glass of bubbly on your next visit to thank you for your time. Thank you also for pointing out the need for a makeover of the building's façade since I have been contemplating the need therefore and will definitely make the necessary changes in the near future.

With lots of love

Victoria and team Fresh.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Some weeks ago i had a birthday party in the "Fresh" restaurant, in the VIP karaoke lounge upstairs. I can say for sure that Fresh is one of the best restaurants in Paphos to go for a dinner or to make a party. The lounge upstairs contains of two rooms, which are dining room with amazing sofas, tables, bar , and karaoke and the other room is a smoking room with leather sofas. Both of the rooms look really nice. Staff in the restaurant is really professional. Food is something unbelievable with its variety of different salads, hot and cold meal. My party was perfect and i would recommend everyone who visits Paphos to go there.

Manager2014, Owner at Fresh Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Alena

Thank you so much for your feed back and hope to see you for your 21st birthday :)
Best regards from all at Fresh and more so for the lovely cake which you shared with the staff.

God Bless you and your family.

Victoria