“Meal was awful”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The service was ok , the food was awful me and my 5 friends had ordered a Greek meze and and we were charged 17.00 Euros each per person . So the salad came out normally with a Greek meze you get dips and pitta bread none of that. Then out came the meat for the meze qty 4 of chicken thighs qty 4 of Greek sausage. qty 4 of chicken skewers and qty 4 of lamb on the bone and the Lamb was so fatty there was hardly any Lamb on the bone just fat! Once we had finished the meat I thought more meat was to follow as I was still hungry and they said no and started to clean the table. This is the worst Greek meze I have had and when we complained about the meal the owner did nothing about it I will not be returning to this restaurant ever again. Also make check your bill as they tried to cover charge us!

1  Thank Marie L

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Enter this miserable bohemian shack at your peril, it's truly awful. The 'Earth Mother' artist/chef/owner is clearly deluded, having absolutely no talent as an artist let alone a chef.

We were initially presented with a huge salad of very ramdom ingredients which included nearly a whole cauliflower at its centre, certainly not what I would call a traditional Greek salad. Then after waiting an age a vast platter of poorly presented and cooked meats arrived which was supposedly a Meze, this is definatley not how a Meze should be served.

All in all a dreadful experience, we certainly couldn't bring ourselves to eat the meal and promptly left (after paying the bill......) Later the same evening we were told by quite a few local people that this place has a very poor reputation.

2  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very friendly but scatty owner who is clearly very artistic but does not let you choose what you want. quirky but unfortunately we like to choose what we want to eat, the lady thought otherwise.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Demetria welcomes her guests with genuine delight, and it is her pleasure to create a meal for you. She is an artist in the kitchen,in particular with her very colourful and exciting salads. She crinkle grates many unusual and delicious raw vegetables e.g butternut squash and celeriac, mixed with all the usual tomatoes, cucumber, crisp lettuce, beetroot etc. We had 3 such salads and they were never the same. The first had a type of pinkish macaroni long " tied bootlaces" style on the top, thin celeriac and butternut squash crinkles, tzatziki and tahini,and the last contained wild asparagus and mashed avocado. Her meat and fish dishes were good too. I feel I made a real friend as well-I have never had so many hugs! The décor is all Demetrias own art work of many different genres though mainly collages, and found objects which are fascinating and create a unique atmosphere. Go there!

1  Thank clarachuff
Reviewed November 9, 2012

went here last october and had a fantastic meal, so went again this october when we stayed near coral beach. fantastic again fabulous salad and bbq meze cooked with love and passion. thanks demetra