Alpha Panareti's Royal Coral Bay Resort
$181
$142
$136
Neptune Hotel Apts.(Paphos)(Great Value!)
$45
$109
$92
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Corallia Beach Hotel Apartments(Paphos)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
  • Pool
Vrachia Beach Hotel & Suites(Paphos)(Great Value!)
$143
$136
Theo Sunset Bay Holiday Village(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
$83
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
$74
$71
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain resortirish barbit datedbar pricessandy beachhalf boardreception areabus servicecar hiregreat holidaywaiter servicesecond weekcleaned every dayevening entertainmentpaphos harbourgymkatarina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2013

After reading mixed reviews here, we were unsure what to expect. We arrived in the early hours and we're not too impressed with the welcome. However in the light of day we were happy with the accommodation- it suited our needs as a family. Yes, the decor and furnishing are in need of an update, but you could not complain about the standard of cleanliness. The rooms are cleaned daily although the bed linen and towels are only changed once a week. A bit more Eco friendly than most hotels I think. Public areas are kept very clean. We felt that the accommodation and environment was safe for our four year old. Hotel has a small outdoor play area too. Staff could be more approachable, particularly the reception staff. We stayed on a half board basis and found it was good value. Breakfast buffet was a little dull, but evening meal was varied and delicious. The hotel is in a quiet and peaceful location with no bars or restaurants in the immediate vicinity. It is therefore very useful to hire a car. It is a good 15-20 min walk to the beach and the nearest bar/restaurant/supermarket and bus stop to Paphos. Overall we enjoyed our stay because of the location and satisfactory accommodation/facilities. It's not really a top four star hotel, but it's functional and decent.

Room Tip: We were at the rear of the hotel, which was really quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Anne K
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Dear Mr Stavrou

I am writing to you to express my continued disappointment in the decline of the Royal Coral Bay Luxury Resort. We have just returned from a week’s stay at your resort and although an enjoyable holiday, this was marred by unsatisfactory standard of the accommodation, food and customer service received.

I wrote to you in September 2011 and do not feel that any of the issues highlighted in my letter have been addressed. In fact there have been further areas of decline, which I would like to take the opportunity to bring to your attention.

The breakfast is now self service and the price has risen to 7 euros a day, at our last stay in May 2013 this was 5 euros. In summary you are paying an increased supplement to have your breakfast in a badly run canteen:
• Eggs undercooked
• Poor preparation and presentation of food
• Staff overworked and demotivated
• Dirty table ware and cutlery
• Coffee machine continually out of water and/or coffee
• Availability of prepared food and cutlery limited (customers having to repeatedly ask for food menu items and cutlery)

We are time share owners of a 2 bedroom apartment, which based on the inventory provided with the purchase. Consists of a 1 bedroom and a studio linked together consisting of the inventory from a 1 bedroom and the inventory of a studio. In summary this should mean that there is a fridge and TV in both the 1 bedroom and the studio. However it appears that there is now only 1 shared fridge and TV. (I am able to provide a copy of the inventory documents I hold should this be required).

There also appears to be a reduction in the bed linen provided. On our first night of arrival I asked the night receptionist for a blanket. Previously blankets have been stored in the wardrobe. The receptionist said there was nothing they could provide me with until the next day. Therefore my daughter had to sleep with just one thin sheet on for her first night. I find this totally unacceptable.

I raised my concerns with the following members of staff:

• Reception; who advised me to speak to the General Manager.
• General Manager; who advised me that he had nothing to do with the timeshare owners. It had been your decision to remove the fridges from the 2 bedroom apartments earlier in the year and I would need to speak to you or Eve or Loris.
• Eve; who advised me that you are pre-occupied by your timeshare build and were now very rarely at the resort. Eve advised me she would ask Loris to see me before our holiday finished.
• Loris; no contact was made by Loris over the following 3 days. I asked Eve on our last day if Loris was planning to meet with me. Eve contacted Loris and he spoke to me by phone. Loris explained you were regularly out of the country visiting China and that I should put my concerns in writing.

We purchased in goodwill 6 years ago a timeshare which we believed was an exclusive luxury resort. Since then you have lost key members of staff and as a result the resort holds no ambience. The standard of accommodation has declined. The facilities of the resort have deteriorated e.g. indoor pool so cold that you cannot swim in it, gym equipment broken and not replaced. The staff take no ownership for customer complaints, deflecting blame on each other and yourself. The resort is now open to the general public.

In summary all of the above explains why timeshares have a poor reputation. You have sold a product which you are not delivering or honouring. We used to stay with you for 3 weeks a year, bringing family & friends with us and spending most of our time on resort i.e. eating and drinking in the bar and restaurant. We still continue to visit Cyprus for 3 weeks a year but we stay at another hotel for 2 weeks. For the week we stay at Royal Coral Bay, we simply use this as a base.

If you would like to observe fabulous establishments which offer great customer service and as a result are thriving despite the economic challenges, I would advise you pay a visit to Queens Bay Hotel and Lekanto Restaurant in Coral Bay.

I would like to request a full refund for the breakfast, which amounts to 175 euros. I would also like the annual service charge wavering for the next 5 years to compensate for the miss selling of an exclusive luxury product which in effect is a basic 1 star holiday resort, now open to the general public.

I would also appreciate your urgent attention in this matter and I look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.

Your sincerely

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
26  Thank MAJSouthYorkshire
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just back from 2 weeks at Coral Bay resort and have to say that it was 'everything' that we wanted it to be.

The rooms were as expected (it don't claim to be 5 star, but I would say a good 3 star), very functional and clean and the hotel was cleaned regularly by the team of pleasant, smiley cleaners.

No problem getting sun loungers and no kids running around the pool side made for a very relaxed atmosphere, had a car from the airport and was pleased that we did (just don't try and book one through Monarch, 3 weeks after booking one with them my booking is pending!!).

Some very friendly staff, our first visit to here and we will be back as its a good location and some nice eateries in Coral Bay.

Established some history to this place and possible reason for the negative comments, believe me if there was anything wrong then I would say so...had a very relaxing 2 weeks and NO complaints from me.

You want a quiet, chilled holiday...you wont go wrong here :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Richard7700
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Our first family trip to this resort, we stayed in a party of 16. The resort is very quiet, filled with families and children, perfect for our particular group. The pool is warm and the pool area spacious. We are unable to comment on the food as we chose to eat out. The rooms are clean! Slightly dated decor but adequate for most people's needs. We stayed in room 322 which overlooks the pool and bar. We found this noisy until midnight with some suspect singers!! However I found you need a car to explore the island. A short trip over the mountains to lachi, where we hired boats for about 100 ish euros for 4 hours. Beware of the pool donkey! She wanders in for food and can be a bit challenging! Overall for the cost an extremely enjoyable place to stay.

Room Tip: Room. 315 double family room with stunning views over the mountains and coral bay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Bevfam
Reviewed September 2, 2013

where to start. this is the 3rd time i have been here as my wife owns a week per year as time share..Lets start with basics. cleanliness is not a high priority here,the cleaners (who have worked there years and taken a pay cut to keep there jobs) have had to cut back on duties given only a brief time to clean each apartment and chastised if taken too long, rooms are filthy,towels,bedding etc only changed once in 7 days(only on a Thurs) when we asked the management about this new regime we were told "if you don't like it feel free to use washing machine and wash your own towels". onsite mini market looks like it has been burgled(suppliers will only supply on a cash on delivery basis)which the hotel cant seem to manage. food was terrible the owner of the time share has sold off part of the business to a chain that provide all inc holidays so the restaurant now only do a nightly buffet, gone are the fantastic local dishes the well cooked steaks, when we asked for ala cart menu we were told we could wait till the buffet had gone then we could get "good service" as long as we wait till 2100hrs ish, not good when we have a 9 year old to feed, so we ate out all week. the bar is under stocked and over priced . the poor bar man spent more time apologizing that the fridges didn't work or that they had run out of drinks. the staff are despondent and blame the miss management team, the management blame the current economic climate. what a croc. we will not be returning and advise anyone thinking of going to give it a wide birth

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family