All reviews spa access seafront suite privacy balcony facilities sand syracuse beaches car
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from the White Bay resort, having spent a week there in August. The hotel itself is beautiful and right on the beach. We had a studio room with spa access. There was plenty of space, the room was clean and the view was amazing. There is an option to have breakfast in the room overlooking the beach, which we took advantage of.
The restaurant attached to the hotel also has amazing views. The food is spectacular- expensive but no more so than food of a similar standard elsewhere in Sicily.
The staff were lovely but I did have to ask 3 times if there were any local water sports. Each time I was informed that someone would get back to me. No one ever did and eventually I discovered some facilities by walking to the other end of the beach. I thought it was a bit odd that there was not much information provided about local amenities/ restaurants etc. Taxis are expensive- 60 euros return to Syracuse which makes it an expensive night out if you do not have a car.
With regards to the site- the beach is beautiful but being a public beach is absolutely packed in August. This means that there is no privacy on the balcony and it can be quite noisy until late at night. We were also woken at 6am at every morning by a very noisy vehicle, sounding what seemed like a warning bell as the beach was cleaned.I therefore recommend packing some earplugs.
Access to the spa does sound lovely but was not free, even though we had the ‘ spa ‘ room. We ended up not using it in the end.
All in all , this is a great hotel and location but if I were to go again, I would certainly avoid August and would probably hire a car.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Caroline280
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

A Little(15 rooms) Juwel in thé Sicilian Coast, We spend two dans in a very beautiful suite , seafront and balcony on thé beach.
Thé péople Nice, thé facilities gréât , very clear thé water, Sandy beach, Nice SPA inside.
Thé restaurant upstairs is « Malafemina »!

1  Thank 920alcidep
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

The resort is extremely clean and the people are very friendly.

I could not give this a 5 because:
-the suites are underneath the restaurant and the walls are extremely thin
-the restaurant food is ok breakfast didn’t have the best options and the lunch menu is the same as dinner
-the beach gets overtaken by the locals, our first day we couldn’t even get off of our balcony

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

We visited the hotel this June for a week, beautiful beach room, excellent breakfast, and restaurants both for dinner and a more casual lunch. Well situated for trips to Siracusa, Noto etc.but you do need a car for this. Staff extremely helpful and friendly nothing was too much trouble. We will be rebooking next year......spa looked lovely too!

1  Thank Janoh1983
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a beachfront suite in the White Bay. It was modern and comfortable and most of the staff were friendly and helpful especially the cleaning ladies who always got rid of all the sand.

The bathroom was obviously quite new but the toilet rocked which was a bit disturbing.

Upon arrival were were given all sorts of discounts off food, but not told to reserve, off a spa but no idea what there was other than massages (and I do think that was most of it) and a welcome drink.

Parking is very tight so hire a small car.

Having said all that the view is spectacular and it was nice to do a little sightseeing in the morning and come back to the beach in the afternoon.

Altogether a 4 but with a little more thought a 5.