Tsaki Sea View Complex
Karina Hotel(Benitses)(Great Value!)
$37
$27
  • Pool
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios(Benitses)(Great Value!)
$37
  • Beachfront
Le Mirage Hotel(Benitses)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We booked this holiday through Olympic, we paid a fair bit of monies for this vacation because we explicitly asked for a child friendly resort for a self catering holiday. The agent explained to me that apart from a 20 minute walk and a steep hill this place was most suitable for a family with an infant. Our little girl is 5 months old. We arrived in Tsaki sea view at 7am and the view was in deed amazing, however this is where all compliments stop.

A self catering holiday, and the nearest place to buy your basics is the 20 minute walk away. We did not mind the distance, but what we were not told was that the 20 minute walk was alongside a main road with no pavement. The road was super busy all day and night as it is the main route from Corfu Town to Kavos. The route was extremly bendy and without a pavement this was possibly the most dangerous road i have ever walked. To do it with a 5 month old just makes it worst.

I complained to the rep at olympic. The rep Adrian Philips of Olympic did absolutely nothing to assist us. He explained that we were mis-sold the holiday as it is not a child friendly resort. i asked for a move, he told me to be by the pool the next morning at 10:45am and he would tell me what he could find.

Well the next morning he was there and the news was that there was nothing Olympic could do as there were no rooms available in the whole of Corfu. The best he could do was wait for four days and then if there were rooms available then he would let us know.
four days later i meet up with him in the morning, and asked as to the progress. The honest to gods words from his mouth were. I have not even asked yet. Are you sure you still want to move. I was livid and reminded him that he had promised to find out by this time and that i really felt let down. He told me that he would call and get back to me in a couple of hours. I told him that we were out on an excursion to Corfu Town, and that if he could call my mobile number to let me know. he told me that he is not allowed to call International numbers. I asked him to text it, he replied that he had no credit. I asked how he would let me know then, he replied he would leave a meassage with Paul the bar man.

We arrived back, no message. The next morning i found him in his office and asked what was going on. he replied that he had come to see me but i was not there. Even though i had told him previously i was on an excursion that he had actually sold me. So of course i was not there. This is when he dropped the predictable bombshell. There were 4 apartments available but i was not there. Not sure where they vanished to over night, as all of the other unhappy customers in my apartments were all still there.

So i say this.

Do not use Tsaki Seaview Hotel if you have children. The walk to the beach, town, supermarket, even the bus stop. It is dangerous. It is not worth risking your lives for the spectacular view at the top.

We had to rely on taxi cabs at 10 euro each way to stay safe, some others are not that lucky.
One couple arrived, they stayed less than 3 hours. Adrian Phillips offered them a move to another hotel if they paid an extra 380 Euros. (he also offered this move to us....Twice) But as this was not with Olympic, you would also have to pay for the transfer to them and also the transfer back to the airport or your original place of departure.

Top this off with a girl drowning on our first night there. The girl could not swim, and no one there to supervise. one guy dived in and pulled her from the bottom, when she was pulled up she was limp. Thankfully she started to breath quite quickly, but if it were not for the stranger (her parents to busy at the bar) this poor girl would not have lived. The pool Bar manager carried on serving, not interested that a girl nearly died in his pool. Add that to the fact that the guy who save her life asked if they wanted his details for the accident book, and was told that there was no accident book. He complained to Adrian, who told him that they were aware of it. When the guy explained that she nearly died Adrians words were, that she did not die so it is irrelevant. So i ask you. Hows that for child friendly. I could go on, but you honestly would not believe the rest.

Take this review as gospel. Dont go to Tsaki Sea View if you have Children, and if you have booked with Olympic and have been told different i urge you change before it is to late. because once they have you there, Adrian ( also known as ADE) will do nothing to assist you.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank uklemond
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Just back from Tsaki Sea View Complex II and absolutely loved it. Paul behind the bar is a very pleasant chap even though he doesn't like making chocolate milkshakes!!Agree that maid service not good, toilet bin only emptied when requested on day 5, same with towels. Bathroom floor does get slippery as shower curtain not long enough to stop water going onto floor - that is the downside so will take a magic mop up sponge next time.

The view from our balcony was amazing, 180 degree view of sea and mountains, the beds are very comfortable and the pool out of this world. The gardens surrounding complex are lovely, we had fresh lemon for our drinks picked straight from the tree!

The walk down the hill to main road is steep but no problem even for a senior citizen like me. You have to watch it on the main road because traffic is fast and there is no path, just keep in single file facing traffic. The buses go to Benitses from bottom of the hill on the opposite side of the road and are very cheap 1.30 euros single compared to 8 euros for a taxi. Taxi is handy if you go into Benitses to do a lot of shopping as you get a ride up the hill with your heavy bags that way.

If you want to shop in a friendly place just turn right at the bottom of the hill and go to the little supermarket a short way past the taverna. Peter is lovely, and gave my daughter and I a drink of orange because we were hot.

The sunrises were wonderful. Even though we were up early we sat on the balcony until after midnight just watching little boats go out fishing or cruise liners in the distance because it was so relaxing. Had a couple of drinks down in the bar chatting to other guests and everyone was friendly. It is just the place to be if you want a holiday that helps you to unwind rather than lots of entertainment. Loved it and hope to return again soon to take my husband and show him how wonderful it was. It was exceptionally hot while we there - upper 30's to mid 40's - as an old codger I think better in fahrenheit and in the midday sun it was 127F and that's where that superb pool came in.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed September 19, 2009

just returned from a weeks stay at Tsaki Sea View Complex and I have to say, was slightly disappointed after reading the reviews beforehand. The studio apartment we stayed in was average Greek basic and was clean BUT if you miss the maids, as we did one morning you've had it because they dont return! it meant that we only had our room cleaned once during the week. Also you will need to take your own large towel for the shower because only 1 small hand towel each was supplied, when we asked for a larger towel we were told they only supply the one size. Been having Self Catering holidays in Greece now for over 10 years and never had to buy our own toilet rolls, but you do at the Tsaki (just a small gripe). What can I say about the location apart from the fact that it really is a 20 mins plus trek into town along the main road-thats after the 5 mins walk to the road down the steepest country lane you can possibly imaging-kept us fit going back up from the bus stop. Taxis cost 8 euros which saves the climb back, but not your holiday money. Our pick up for the airport was at 3a.m. and had to be out of the room by 12 midday, but had to pay 20 euros to keep the room until 8pm - what a wait it was too! We actually paid for a 7 night holiday, but got a 6 night stay 'cos the first night on the flight is counted as your 1st night - thanks Olympic, what a con.

Last but not least Tsaki would be a relaxing place to stay if you're lucky enough to have other guests that want to relax too rather than people who should have chosen the more lively resorts of Kavos, Malia or Benidorm where they can shout and holler and make as much noise as they like, and not consider anyone elses holiday-but hey you cant choose your fellow guests unfortunately.

1  Thank TrudieHerts