“Could be a lot better”

Ranked #17 of 32 Restaurants in Fiscardo
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Things did not get off to the best of starts at Vasso's.
We would of liked a table by the waterside but were told we couldn't as it was a table for 4 although it was only set for 2.
As it turned out they waited for a party of 4 to take it which never happened and then gave it 30 mins later to another couple.
Anyway , onto the food.
Nothing to write home about , I have had better at a lesser price , they did not have what my wife wanted on the menu so she had to make a hasty choice and opted for a stiffado , this came with nothing , not even a garnish.
I had the extra larger souvlakia which to be honest wasn't large at all and came only with some fries.
It seems the restaurant were only interested in people buying lots of the more expensive fish an copious amounts of wine , even while trying to hold a conversation with one of the waiters he was veering away to pamper to the table behind although he had struck up the conversation with us , maybe it's just me but it did seem a very rude thing to do.

1  Thank DarkAgent

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was at Fiscardo in May this year. Having to choose from a variety of restaurants at the waterfront, I decided to have lunch at Vasso's Restaurant.

First of all I was amazed by the kindness of the staff and the explicit explanations of the local cooked dishes. I didnt want to eat fish, even though everyone told me to try it here in Fiscardo.

Kefalonia has a big tradition in pies and Vasso, the chef and owner, did not let me down!
She served me a incredible delicious Meat-pie (Kreatopita), so fresh that the meat really melted down my throat without even chewing! It was accompanied by a fresh tomato and cucumber salad and a verz delicious aromatic & fresh white wine!

I can only say it was so delicious, that I ate 2 more times there!
Vasso's Restaurant has tremendous quality in its food and it is a pleasure to see Vasso cooking with excitment and enjoying here work.
She has really found the joy of life!

1  Thank Agylord
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The waiter filleted the seabass at our table......it was wonderful a fixed price at 28 euros for two plus free wine! Would definitely go back......staff attentive and friendly.

2  Thank Tingleyg
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Spent an evening in Fiskardo. Wandering around the harbour, the charming staff offered a half caraf of house wine...on the house! That sold it for me!! Food was v nice indeed, setting idyllic. Staff were attentive, honest & great to chat to. Would I return.....of course!!!!

1  Thank Kim62
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Vasso's was the best restaurant we ate at in our week in the Greek Islands - the grilled fish was perfect and the Vasso salad a delicate mix of flavours in a humungous bowl - Mrs Vasso is one great chef and her waiters excellent

1  Thank gbgbee B