5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ionian Discoveries

Ionian Discoveries
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Fiscardo
More attraction details
Owner description: Stunning voyages of excitement and discovery aboard a traditional wooden kaiki. With a maximum capacity of seventeen guests the atmosphere is always kept warm and friendly. Your guide for the excursion programme is a qualified marine expert who will enlighten you on the natural history and marine life of the area. Try your hand at snorkelling or just relax on board a beautiful wooden boat and enjoy the stunning scenery! Alternatively, you may wish to charter the vessel privately and have a day or evening tailor made for you.
Colchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

It's my third trip with Jamie's Marine Adventure, this time I brought both daughters. Very laidback and fun, but informative and educational at the same time. Jamie was friendly and great with kids - my younger one was a bit grumpy and not fully awake to start with, but after Jamie showed her how to steer the boat and allowed her to do it at full speed, the sparkle came back into her eyes! Initially afraid to snorkel because of all underwater creepy-crawlies, she was handling sea-cucumbers, sea urchins, starfish and an octopus by the end of the day.
An absolute must-to for all ages, couples, families or singles.

• Greek first
Selby, Yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Thank you Jamie and Nikolas - we all had a fantastic time today. Well worth doing and the trip caters for all abilities. Learnt a lot and it will make any future snorkelling adventures all the better.

Aberdour, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Holiday Highlight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was quite the most wonderful day of a really lovely fortnight on the island! From my daughter (7), through my son (10) to my husband (46), we were all thoroughly entertained in the most relaxing environment and charming company. Jamie and Nicholas were so knowledgeable, but relayed it in a quirky, light way that made you feel you were having a conversation, not a lecture. The snorkelling was superb, and the (free) tuition for the kids was invaluable. And I won't even start on us catching, touching and returning safely to the sea an array of sealife we'd only seen on TV before - an octopus! a sea cucumber, urchins and much, much more!
Thank you so much Jamie and Nicholas, its a day we'll never forget...
Tanya, Calvin, Fint & Rosie

Visited June 2013
“Highlight of our holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Jamis trip is a day out to remember.. If you swim snorkel or do neither this is a not to be missed trip.. I can't reccomend it highly enough. Jamie and crew are the best of hosts and make the trip fun and informative.. It has spurred my wife and I to enjoy the rest of our holiday snorkelling with the tips and know how learnt on the trip... A truly brilliant day out ... Thank you Jamie and nikolas... See you again next year.... P.s the star island snorkel I will remember always

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Outstanding, Informative, and crystal waters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

A wonderful trip, very much set up for English speakers, as Jamie, who runs it is English, and a big part of the day is his informative talks about the sea-life, in particular the cephalopods. We watched as he tempted an octopus out of its home, and brought it to the boat so that we could get a close look, before explaining about its life. Fiskardo's answer to attenborough..