We stayed at Fundana Villas for 2 days in October 2012, on a walking holiday organised by InnTravel. Our room was in the old farmhouse, with a balcony where we could sit and look out over the completely unspoilt valley. You do have to be prepared for a bit of wildlife here as it's right out in the countryside. You will see interesting insects (we found a praying mantis!) - but our room had a fly screen that you could pull across the balcony door to keep them out - and let air in. Breakfasts were plentiful and tasty (the yogurt is amazing!) and we twice ate our evening meals here - simple and delicious local food. On the second occasion, Spyros designed his menu around our favourites - going into Corfu Town especially to buy fresh fish. This is a beautiful, tranquil place to stay and relax. The pool was spotless (but cold!) and you can walk from your door out across the valley or along the ridge to the monastery about a km away. We loved it so much we are going back this April - taking our grown-up children and staying for a week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The restored 17 century Venetian Villa, is situated on a hill with panoramic views of the northern part of the island, in an oasis of peace and calm. Surrounded by gardens and almond and olive groves, the 12 villas-cottages- suites have kept their traditional architectural style, but the inside is transformed into high quality accommodation, for 2-5 persons, all air-conditioned. Large swimming pool, children’s swim pool, bar, grill. Breakfast room. Our Villa is the where the BBC shot My Family And Other Animals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fundana Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fundana Villas Hotel Paleokastritsa
- Fundana Villas Paleokastritsa, Corfu