“Fantastic!!!”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Paleokastritsa
norfolk
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Last review 'in my opinion' rubbish! A very reasonable priced hotel and 4 that price u do not expect a feast at breakfirst!
Went there in August and found lovely family run hotel, Andraas amazing owner of hotel, changed rooms when requested, nothing a problem, lovely man, lovely son, family and staff!! Very clean hotel.
I holidayed earlier in the year in the maldives and I enjoyed this hol at Paleo Inn just as much.
Can't wait to go back and keep up the good work Stuart and Diana Goldsmith. c u next year!!

Room Tip: If not happy request diff room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dianasmith

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hungarian first
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I travel a lot, especially around greek islands but this hotel was more than basic. I didnt expected luxury but at least clean surroundings. Room very, very, very simple, floor dirty, towels changed to rare, and no tea/coffe facilities. We've had ground foor room without aircondition( aircondition is only on first floor) so we couldnt leave window/door open so after all days in room was like in sauna. Breakfast included in price shouldnt be called "breakfast" more like joke...2 slices of toast/bread 1 jam +1 marmalade + 2butter. For drink 1 jug of coffe/tea and 1glass of orange juice...from cheap concentrate! That's it. If you wanna something extra you have to pay, it's not a lot but if you pay for B&B should be included already!!!Swimming pool... I didnt swim even once cause water was dirty, no clear, like milky! Very disapointed.
Only good side was Greek Evening with nice, tasty dinner and traditional dancing, smashing the plates :) Staff in hotel nice and friendly as well. But really hotel needs updating immediatelly.

Room Tip: Try to take room on first floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Asia S
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2012

hotel typical greek. clean tidy basic. nice pool helpfull staff great little coves nearby .neraids nauticas spiros and a small keebab shop all great to eat at.but never had a bad meal anywhere.all in all a fantastic holiday. bbq boat a good trip to paradise beach corfu donkey rescue inspiring well worth a visit. would definately stay here again .

Room Tip: air com rooms but can hire a fan if no air con
7 Thank oneill05
edinburgh
Reviewed August 6, 2012

we stayed at the paleo inn from 27/07/2012 until 03/08/2012 and we could not thank the staff (andreas,spiros and anna ) enough for all going out of their way to make sure that we had a terrific holiday.their greek/barbecue night was good value and great fun. paleo has several beatiful beaches closeby.food is good and rooms are clean.

Room Tip: for a sea view chose a 2nd floor
4 Thank catandderek
Stockport, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend from 10th-17th July. I was very impressed with this hotel as bad reviews had made me wary! But everything about this place was lovely. Extremely friendly staff who made you feel welcome and comfortable. We arrived early in the morning so reception was closed, but we were left a message confirming our room number and our key was left in the door. Breakfast was nice if you paid the euro for something extra (in my opinion) and I actually liked the orange juice! The pool was relaxing and the perfect size, we spent most of our days lay there. The snacks from the bar were delicious I thought and good value for money. I also very much enjoyed their cocktail choices! The hotel was sometimes surrounded by stray cats but they never bothered us and kept to themselves so they were not a problem at all. Our rooms were cleaned every day except Sunday and towels changed regularly. The towel on the floor in the bathroom one day was soaking wet and the cleaners actually hung it outside for us! Which is another thing I appreciated... pegs to hang clothes etc on! The rooms do get quite hot so the 6 euros a night for air con is worth it (on 2nd floor). Paleo itself was absolutely beautiful! It was our first holiday together as a couple and I don't think we could have picked a better place or hotel. I definitely recommend them both!

8 Thank Erin D
UK
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Really great holiday. Paleo Inn was typical of the sort of accommodation we are used to in Greece, not luxurious but that's part of its charm - and perhaps the reason this was a great value holiday. We haven't done bed and breakfast before but really enjoyed it, if nothing more than to get us up in the morning to make the most of the day.
Pool was lovely and in the most part was child free apart from one day when outsiders came in with a baby. Also the owner has two rooms which he lets out privately and one I these had a child in despite the Thomson promise that the owner wouldn't let rooms to anyone with children.
Room was great, large enough and with air con at 6 euros per day.
Bathroom was fine too and had plenty of hot water.
Breakfast was ok, nothing fancy but as its included, certainly nothing to complain about and a good way to meet other guests.
Anna was brilliant, just a shame she won't be working there next year. Eleni our cleaner was great too, friendly and kept our room and communal areas nice.
The surrounding area is simply stunning. We had some lovely walks. There were enough restaurants to keep us happy for two weeks, yes they are spread out but that's not a problem for us. The service in restaurants was of a very high standard and we had some lovely food.
All in all a wonderful holiday and my only warning is that whilst advertised as adults only, it may not be.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Somerset7
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed from 6th - 13th July, just wasn't long enough! I loved this little hotel it was better than described in the brochure! Pool was perfect, the staff were fabulous and it was very clean and comfortable. Paleolkastritsa itself was beautiful and I fell in love with the place on the first day, went on a fantastic boat trip, hired a moped and explored the rest of Corfu for 2 days but paleokastritsa for me was the most beautiful part of Corfu! Will definately return.

• Stayed July 2012