“Location is perfect, but hotel is just fff”
Review of Apollon Hotel

Apollon Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Paleokastritsa B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I liked the location very much, beautiful scenery, blue sea etc but the water was quite cold because of the stream
Now about the hotel: it was a big dissapointment for me. Cleaners didn't give us a soap and gel, we had to ask them. Also they cleaned in a horrible way: didn't change the towels even when we drop them on the floor! There is no curtain in the shower, so it's very easy to fall down because floor is always flooded.
Also,please, mind the moscitoes!
Despite these problems everything was ok;)

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Erin111111
There are newer reviews for Apollon Hotel

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My 16-year-old daughter and I have just reluctantly returned from a week in the Apollon Annexe. The hotel exceeded our expectations on all fronts. Staff members are without exception friendly and helpful, the rooms spotless, the food excellent value (we went half-board) and the location perfect.
If it all gets a bit busy or hot (our week coincided with an unusual heatwave), go down to the harbour and find Thomas sitting on the wooden jetty. For a few euros he will take you to the other end of Paleo on his boat and drop you off at the steps of the Acapulco beach bar. Climb the steps for a fantastic view, free sunbeds and pool, all for the price of a drink or lunch. A real oasis in the midst of Paleo's bustling main road.
We'll be back one day for sure, so thank you everyone in Paleo for a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: Annexe is quieter than the main hotel, and in shade for early part of the day.
2  Thank Spoonerbear
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I just returned after a few days stay at the Apollon. After reading severeal reviews before I booked I thought that this would be the best suited for what I want. Just a bed and close to all the lovely beaches. Upon arival I was greated by what I can only describe as the warmest hello from two British expats at reception. Straight away they made you feel at home. Check in was pain free and were taken to my room. The views from the Apollon are breathtaking. Best is that you are no more than a few steps away from the main beach but a couple of minutes away from two more. I can't wait to return for my next visit next year. It is something I've picked up reading other reviews how many people actually return to the Apollon. I will most definitely also do just that.... I can't wait...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Such luck that we found & were able to book this hotel; we stayed in the Annex which was superb - we had 3 sea views! The staff are so friendly & helpful & nothing is too much trouble, the location is ideal & the resort is a little bit of paradise - totally unspoilt. I would highly recommend the Astakos Taverna - traditional greek hospitality at it's best.

Normally, I would never return to the same holiday destination, wanting to experience different places but I could return here over and over again. In a word - perfect!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Just back from our holiday and would like to say a BIG thank you to everybody at APOLLON hotel. Fantastic hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, hotel comfortably and well furnished, spotlesly clean, great location on the beach, fantastic fresh fruit smoothies for our little son, and thousands more things that made our holiday very special. We are definitely coming back next year. Thank you Apollon!

Room Tip: rooms on the 2nd floor have a huge shared teracce, which is ideal for children
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were advised by friends to book the Annex of the Apollon for our two weeks. They said It was quieter and cheaper than a double in the main hotel. How right they were. The Annex is better value and is perfectly situated, a stone's throw from the main hotel and the best bit is that the Annex rooms face away from the ongoing traffic which passes by the hotel heading up to the Monastery.

The balconies are surrounded by marigolds,bouganvillia, oreander and geraniums. The room was simple but sound proof with a great fridge and plenty of hangers and wardrobe space. And the soft towels and sheets are changed every other day. The cleaning is spotless and the maid is a sweetheart. Greek bathroom took a bit of getting used to but it was heaven to have really hot water and clean towels after a day on the beach.

We tried to eat out - to be adventurous - but to be honest the Apollon Restaurant is as good as any of the other tavernas. The staff are genuinely lovely. They are full of advice and help if you need it but leave you alone if that is what you want. For example, I had a brief problem with my ear and Elrike who looks like Cleopatra's sister went out and bought me special eardrops. So thoughtful. We felt safe and protected being there as two women.

We loved the smaller beaches and sometimes for a change used to walk to the Odysseus and Akrotiri Hotels to use their pools. We could have stayed a month and never got bored. It is lovely to explore the different routes and places but we wouldn't have swopped our room at the Apollon Annex for the world.

The ambience is quaint. Old fashioned seaside holiday; unspoiled. Even the guests seemed sensitive and quiet. On the last evening, Yannis, the kindest of waiters, brought us some sweet smelling Jasmine for our hair as a farewell. The best holiday we have had yet in Greece. We shall definitely return.

Room Tip: The Annex is best value and location.
2  Thank figaunt
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I've just returned from 10 nights stay in the Apollon Hotel Annexe. The area is incredibly beautiful and reported to be the most gorgeous part of Corfu. We booked with On The Beach and everything from flights to transfers to the accommodation was very smooth. There are THREE sea views from the annexe rooms and the room was very comfortable. There is air con which is 6 euros a day and is effective and quiet. There's also a balcony, TV, hair dryer etc and there are safes in the main reception. The annexe was nice and quiet as it's just off the main road, and there are shutters which keep light out really well. Each of the three beaches are within very quick walking distance, our favourite was the Amperlaki beach as it's sandy and quieter than the main beach.

What made our trip really special was the staff at the Apollon. They were so friendly, helpful, approachable and funny and they couldn't do enough for us. Karen, Sharon and Spiros were particularly great and such lovely people. All of the staff make the time to talk to you and as it's a small hotel you also get to know the other guests which is nice.

One evening there was entertainment with Greek dancing which was so much fun. The other entertainment was pretty good and there's a fair few restaurants etc nearby. The best restaurant we found is Astakos/Astacos which is immediately next door to the Apollon Annexe. The food there is so fresh and tasty and the family who run the restaurant are the most kind and lovely people we'd ever met. I would avoid the Italian next door, Idea, as well as the beach bar Nikos, neither of which were great. Zefiros is also a lovely restaurant close to the hotel.

We did two excursions, horse riding (trail riders in Ano Korakiano - rated no.1 out of everything to do in Corfu) and a boat trip to Paxos/Antipaxos. Both were great, the horse riding was amazing and was tailored for different rider experience. The Paxos/Antipaxos trip was good too, we went to the blue caves and had loads of time on the boat and 3 hours in Paxos. Also, the Apollon doesn't have a pool but there are loads of places where you can use their pools, usually if you buy a drink. Our favourite was the Akrotiri where there's an infinity pool and sunbeds with cushions!

Overall this was an amazing holiday and I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a quiet, relaxing and beautiful holiday.