Akis Apartments(Paleokastritsa)
$65
Sea View(Paleokastritsa)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Pool
Angel's Pool Bar Apartments(Paleokastritsa)(Great Value!)
$173
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Ipsia Apartments(Paleokastritsa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbbq nightyear after yeargreat holidaynext yearsense of humourhis wifelovely familyevery saturdaynothing is too much troublecorfu towngreat funcleaned every other daygreek bbqair congreat hostsrepeat customerssecond home
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Can I just say that Maria Studios Is probably the best place I've stayed at in 30 years of holidaying.... The whole family are amazing people and nothing is too much trouble . The apartments are clean and well situated for all amineties .... And over the past seven years of holidaying there we have met some fabulous people .... You know who you are !!!!
Contrary to the last comment posted at the beginning of the month ... Whilst we appreciate that most people have different needs and expectations while on holiday it seems totally unfair knowing the area and the people as we do that this person felt it necessary to post a very unrealistic reflection on Maria studios .... Perhaps you should revisit your thoughts ... And to be quite honest you are not worthy enough to stay there in the first place ... Stop being such a Richard Cranium !!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Helsbels5
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and i have been coming to paleo for the past 25yrs,We have brought our children ,friends relatives over the years . we have travelled all over the world and never had that total holiday experience like paleo ,Maria studios is a gem you are made welcome as soon as you arrive. .Yiannis is a total gentleman and is a total entertainer even last year with his family going through a very sad time and they fought through sadness and still made everyones holiday.
The swimming pool is large and cleaned to a very high standard.The food is the best you will not find better in the resort.
Holiday makers come year after year so that must tell you how good it is.
Katerina never stops working keeping the place in ship shape condition.Nothing is to much for her she will help you with anything.
If you want a holiday home from home with total relaxation and above all laughter this is the place for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank julie13cat
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Paleokastritsa is a beautiful spot on an equaly beautiful island. Maria Studios was booked through Hotels4u and was rediculously cheap (about £30 a week each) As this was my first visit to Greece I cannot comment on expectations of room size, catering equipment, bed comfort etc, but I think on a low budget this is as good as it gets (very basic) with a pool, and well located for the local beaches and bars ( a ten minute walk down to beaches and harbour). Nearest supermarket next door but one, which is one of many small reasonably priced supermarkets around the area. We had a car for the time we were there so used the larger supermarkets near to Corfu Town. I read lots of reviews before booking this accommodation and above all was satisfied with the position of the hotel, but would not choose to use it again. On arrival we were put in a downstairs back room with a terrace that was part of the car park, on seeing this I asked if we could be moved, Katerina said that there was no where to move us to, but it was all right because the car parked adjacent to my bed never moved any way! I was not to know until the early hours that the car park would be the least of my worries as I was awoken by a loud vibrating noise that kept cutting in and out and was nerve shattering. The next day after very little sleep I went to seek help and found Yiannis at the bar, when I tried to explain about the awful noise he turned his back on me and mumbled something about people required hot water and went to serve somebody at the other side of the bar. It appears our room was right next to the heating system with a huge Hovercraft like fan that operated 2 0r 3 times a day for the hot water supply. I rang the agent through hotels4u, who was very sympathetic as he could hardly hear me for the noise of the fan, but said that as it was a sunday he would log my complaint and someone would get back to me (they never did by the way). During that day we went off to look for different accommodation, as there was no way I could have survived in that room. When we got back Katerina approached us and said another room would be available from the monday if we wanted to move and would we like to look at it, which we did. It was upstairs at the far end from the FAN and although the balcony looked over a half derelict building there was also an olive grove and PEACE and QUIET. We gladly accepted the room and spent 10 comfortable (athough beds VERY HARD) nights here. Needless to say during the rest of our stay Yiannis completely ingnored us, even as we walked past him with our luggage leaving the hotel. Katerina was politeness itself. Also do not stay here if you are not happy with children running about and playing in the corridors outside your rooms, not very conducive to a siesta or early night. I rated this accommodation a 3 because it is so inexpensive you have the use of a private pool and the rooms were cleaned most days, by very polite staff.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the pool to avoid Heater noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Travellingbroms
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My Wife and I stayed here the fourth week in October, the final week before closing for the season. Before I get started, I thought I'd mention that most of the town was still open in Paleokastritsa, although by the Friday, it was starting to quieten down.
Very much more open than we expected for the time of year however!!

The biggest factors in why you should consider staying at Maria Studios are Katerina and Yannis, the couple who run the appartments.

As soon as we stepped from our shuttle, Katerina had already started walknig down to greet us, which set the tone for the rest of the week, where they honestly couldn't have done more as hosts....if only all hotels were a fraction as attentive!

Our room was not dazzling, but very clean and well maintained - and given the price of accomodation, it was nothing short of a steal. It certainly had ample room, and was also equipped with a kitchenette with a hob, kettle and fridge (ALWAYS useful!).
A well-sized balcony overlooking the pool area was a plus. My only minor gripe was the two-single-beds-pushed-together instead of double beds in the rooms, but again, this is typical for Greece in my experience. Rooms were cleaned 1-in-3 days, and the bathroom was well sized also (although the showers weren't great pressure-wise, especially around 7pm when everyone is using them before going to dinner!).

The only other slightly negative item I'd mention is if you're an early-to-bed, early-to-rise person and a light sleeper, this may not be ideal accomodation. The proximity of the accomodation to both the bar, pool and Katerina and Yannis' living area is there is often quite a lot of noise until ~12-1am, especially if you leave the windows open. I doubt this would be an issue for most poeple however, as it wasn't for us. :) Conversely, if you like hosts that are happy to keep the bar open to wee hours just because their guests want to drink still, then this place is nothing short of perfect - they definately like to look after their guests.

The pool area was very pleasant, with plently of sunbeds and places to sit, and very well maintained and clean, both in and out of the pool.

Location wise - it was a nice distance from beach and local resturaunts - not too close as to be in the middle of it all, but not so far as to hurt your feet on the way back from the beach!

The food here, all served around the impressive bar area, was the biggest suprise; the barbeque night on Saturdays is excellent value for money with a half caraffe of wine, bbq chicken/lamb (lots of it) and a desert for (if I remember correctly!)14Euro per person. The fish night on Tuesday however is even better - Yannis' mother grilled some Snapper, and it was honestly one of the nicest pieces of fish I have ever eaten, and again, great value. Both must be booked at the bar, as I'd imagine they get very busy in peak-season. There is also a very good selection of breakfast (all day), lunch, dinner and snacks available, all very well priced.
A good variety of drinks and cocktails were also available, also excellent value.

All in all, we were very impressed indeed with the package as a whole, and would stay here without question if we ever visited Paleokastritsa again, and I urge you to give it a try!!

Room Tip: Pool-facing rooms are definately better if you can get them - the rear rooms still have balconies, but the view is pretty awful! May be better for light sleepers, however.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sharkythepieman
Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you read any other review here they will all say the same thing and they are all correct: Yiannis and Katerina are the best hosts.
The appartments are good, well appointed and very clean and well maintained but its the hosts that make this place shine. The cooking is great. We were there at the end of the season and lots of places were closing but it didn't matter as Katerina and her colleagues cook beautifully. Yiannis infects everyone in the bar with his humour and friendliness. He gets people chatting very easily and adds to the general holiday fun.
It's easy to see why people return here year after year.
It's situated in a easy walking distance of Paleokastitsa centre and there are plenty of bars and restaurants around should you need them. Car and bike hire is very close by and the bus to Corfu Town is outside the apartment.
The rooms were good. We had one at the back so the view wasn't as good as the ones looking over the pool but that wasn't an issue as I wasn't there to spend time in the room.
All in all it was/is great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends