All amenities are fine for a 5 star, big rooms, spa, two pools one indoor and one outdoor(infinity pool) but the hotels needs major refurbishments asap. What i didn't like was that in our room the shower handle was broken, and water was spilling in all directions when you wanted to take a shower, also the toilet is somehow in the shower cabin and not separate...the shower glass door was also broken and was making a very big noise when closing and opening. Room is big, AC is working fine also with the balcony door open. The TV set is kinda small for the room and not so many TV channels...around 15 of them and all in Greek. Also you don't have WIFI connection except the lobby.The hotel doesn't have a beach. There is a wooden deck with sun chairs from where you can enter into the sea. The pool is big but is not very clean. It looks clean but if you swim with goggles you will see a lot of dirt on the bottom of it. What i dislike the most is that i saw a lot of hair on the bottom of it. The hotel garden could be very nice but is also not very well maintained...a lot of dried grass patches and electrical cables going in and out of the ground from place to place. I also saw a small rodent in one evening but it was scared and quickly disappeared in the bushes. Breakfast is generous and is ok for a few days from the point of view of variety.
One of the good thinks is that the sea view is excellent from all the rooms, and you can catch spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
As a conclusion, the hotel is a 5 star hotel but not very well maintained and with an urgent need of refurbishment. My overall feeling regarding this hotel is that the overall cleanliness was definitely lacking. Next time i will look for an hotel with less amenities but where the management will pay much more attention on the details and cleaning. Those things give me comfort, not the spa or indoor pool i never used.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ionian Blue is a luxury hotel on the eastern seaside of the island Lefkada. The hotel is built on a natural descent, while its rooms are going downhill in front of the calm blue waters of the Ionian Sea. The fantastic view cross the straits between Lefkada and the mountains of the western mainland Greece, additional with the magical images of the white triangular sails of the passing yachts offer a great sense of serenity, contemplation and escape from the daily routine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ionian Blue Bungalows & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ionian Blue Bungalows And Spa Resort
- Ionian Blue Bungalows Hotel Nikiana
- Ionian Blue Lefkas
- Ionian Blue Hotel
- Ionian Blue Bungalows & Spa Resort Lefkada, Ionian Islands - Nikiana