We had a two room apartment.
The first thing is that you do not want to be there in the last week before charter flights cease - Barbati (and many other places) closes down a week earlier. There are apparently two bar/restaurants there but one had already closed and the other closed after having served us breakfast on the Tuesday. The WLAN station was there and that went shortly afterwards, by the time we checked the TV out it was also down. Two restaurants and one supermarket were still open up on the main road. The upside of this is that the place was pretty much deserted and very quiet.
I can see this place interesting two sets of people - those who want to sit around on the stony beach and go swimming and those who have rented a car and want to go exploring. A few people hung around on the beach and seemed to be enjoying themselves, we had a car.
To the place itself,
- It has an internal road, you need a remote control to raise the barrier and drive in.
- Apartments. The cleaners come every second day and do a good job, although they sometimes leave the mosquito nets open.
- We only had WLAN on the terrace. Mosquitos! (this may have been because one restaurant had already closed down)
- the pebble beach is around 100m away. Most people will need sandals there. Two different places offer boat hire.
- they have a/c. We did not need it in October.
- The apartments are two-storey. Ground and first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Riviera Barbati apartments. Νewly built 4 **** seaside residences situated within an olive grove on the emerald beach of Barbati 20km North East of Corfu Town and the Airport. Apartments overlook the graceful Corfiot coastline from the large covered terraces and gardens that stretch right to the beach. Facilities include a large swimming pool with children's pool, a bar and a restaurant. Apartments are air-conditioned, have a fully equipped kitchen with washing machine, a spacious living - dining room with DVD player, satellite TV, a fireplace, and private parking space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your La Riviera Barbati Seaside Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Riviera Barbati Seaside Apartments Hotel Barbati
- La Riviera Barbati Seaside Apartments Corfu