“Stunning location. Quiet and relaxing.”
Review of Nautilus Hotel

Nautilus Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Barbati
Reviewed September 16, 2012

If you don't mind being a little away from the action and appreciate great scenery, this place could be for you.
I wanted to change my original room and I was offered a lovely sea view on the 3rd floor on the seaside for the next day. Perfect.
Small bathroom but perfectly functional. Clean rooms with slider shutters and curtains. Beds were a little hard and I did'nt sleep so good but not the end of the world. As per most hotels, the walls are quite thin, so if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs.
Food, as previosuly reported is pretty standard. Good fresh salads every meal, bread, soup in the evening and fresh fruits. The coffee is quite awful but you could always bring your own and a mug, restaurant cups are tiny!!!!
The staff are VERY hard-working and are paid E35.00 per day. They need a few more to help out. My room lady worked from 730am til 9pm and was 6 months pregnant!!!! Many thanks to these people XX The kitchen staff and chef were great and always happy to listen to constructive crticism and have a chat. I will miss them.
The pool area and sea bathing was really wonderful. If you want a sunbed GET there EARLY, you know what I mean??? No loud music around the pool but still a nice atmosphere.
The only gripes I had are the E6.00 per day air con charge and NO pool towels provided. It did'nt spoil my holiday but be aware of this before you book.
Many thanks to all the staff at Nautilus, Barbati.

Room Tip: The two ladies on Reception are helpful and will try to accommodate your requests.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank notforturning

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Sheik or Chic means to me stylish , and for this hotel and "location" its a very much a could be. This area of coastline is a sort after villa location, but if on a budget the appeal of an all-inclusive break is worth a try.
As a single traveler I had a twin room with sea facing balcony ( Corfu Town in the dist-ants) with grapes and black currents growing within hands reach. Nice.
Neighbors were a Lady from Austria (Teacher) and a young Italian f email scientist working in London (a former Beach volley ball player). Friends at the bar and swimming pool were from Che k Republic, Moscow, Denmark, Holland and Germany so this is more an International Hotel if this suits you.
It is a family suited hotel, but there were less children here perhaps due to the slightly hilly location. Suited all those who need a to offset the effects of the all-inclusive effects. Steps lead down to a private sea location where you sun bath in among st the trees or swim off the diving platform or steps in the very clear sea. Nice.
The food was more than adequate to me, providing choice for individual taste. The all-inc drinks were also more than adequate and should guarantee a good choice and endless supply for those who like easy conversation.
I hired a scooter at the reception to investigate other semi private beaches (Kerasia, Kalami etc) plus Corfu Town and Corfu history. A great 7 night break, with thanks to very nice staff and friends made here. Look forward to a cooler visit in Sept or October perhaps.

Room Tip: Sea view is better, take a diving mask. Dress is more smart casual.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Mart87
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I hadn't visited Corfu for maybe 20years. The changes to the economy has impacted massively on the tourism trade in my opinion. The hotel is good value for money if u go all inclusive. The food is plain, I had to buy some chili flakes to add to my meals. Location was perfect for what I wanted - nothing!!! Short walk to pebbled beach, or u can get the mini bus from the hotel. Staff there work very hard but standards aren't that great, very dated and needs some money spent on it. Saying that, It was ideal for me, a traveller wanting some time out.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Kazzak1975
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We have just returned from seven nights at the Nautilus Hotel and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised ! Before we left we checked out trip advisor and were a little bit worried by the ridiculous comments some ignorant people leave. If you are stupid enough to leave clothing in your room after checking out try e mailing the Hotel and they will hold them for you-do not start accusing hard working and honest staff of stealing to cover your ignorance. If you dont like the food try something different ! If you dont like the beach go somewhere else....and finally if you want luxury with fine dining then look at the Waldorf Astoria in New York....have I made my point !

Now the Hotel....small, family run and they really try to ensure that all their guests have a great experience. The views from the restaurant/pool area are fantastic, the beer and spirits are fine and plentiful and the staff are a joy. We both found the food to be good and although the rooms are basic this was not a problem for us.

What really made the trip for us was the quality of service from the staff who could not have done better.

Room Tip: Sea Facing rooms are cooler on hot days
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Steve M
Reviewed June 26, 2012

we enjoyed 6 really nice days at this cosy little hotel; the views are awesome - the rooms clean and the staff helpful & friendly.

Our only distress was on the morning we were leaving ... unfortunately a couple of my clothing was missing (a lovely new blouse and a Nike 3/4 legging). Yes, I am more than sure that these items were in the room and were not left anywhere as they were still there (in the drawer) when we left for our last dinner the previous night. It is very uncomfortable to know that the staff pry in your personal items and would go to the extent of theft .. perhaps its just the financial situation .. or perhaps it is just 'smart theft' .. steal small and supposedly negligable items or perhaps it is just 'smart theft' - steal small and hope not to be caught! After all who makes a scene about a missing blouse or two?

Oddly enough at check out time there was another couple also complaining about a missing item!

Overall we had a fun time but would still like to warn visitors about this little scam.

Room Tip: oh! the hotel rooms have no fans so request for a sea facing room as the view is awesome and more im...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Aplonia D
Reviewed September 2, 2011

This is a very pretty, medium sized hotel with stunning views of the Corfu coastline and across to Albania. Unlike other hotels nearby, you were not aware of the coast road while sitting in the hotel - a definite plus.

Service was kind and charming - when we arrived, we'd missed breakfast, yet sweet Katerina bustled around in the kitchen making sure my children and myself had something to eat.

The food was consistently delicious - I felt as if we were staying with a local family and enjoying really good home cooking.

The rooms were clean and well looked after by efficient, smiling staff.

The pool was clean, warm and beautiful. Reception were extremely helpful, and the people behind the bar were friendly and delightful - in an impressive assortment of languages!

I did feel there was a lack of information available to English-speaking guests. It took me three days to discover the rock swimming area at the bottom of the cliff, for example. It also took three swelteringly hot nights before I realised air-conditioning was available at an additional cost of 6 euros a day.

There were also more hidden costs on this all-inclusive holiday than I've experienced before.

Wasps were an issue.

I was disappointed that there was no help available with luggage. I was travelling alone with two young kids and it was pretty hard making it up the steep path from the road to reception and then up two flights with no lift. I saw elderly guests struggling with cases in the daytime too.

But overall, we had a lovely week and I would recommend this place to anyone in need of relaxation in a glorious setting.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank christabel s
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We spend 5 days at the hotel which is placed in a perfect area between very nice beaches Ipsos, Kalami, Kerasia etc.
The hotel was OK but not the proper balance for the price we paid (seen better).
The room was clean but old furbished, the proper name for the toilette is a …….hole.
The pool was ok, there is also a beach in a wood & iron platform down the hill walking distance. The sea there is perfect, perfect for snorkeling or diving.
The food, better not mention…….
Wireless not working, well there is some signal at the hall but not enough to get a connection.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barbati
1 mi away
Grecotel Daphnila Bay Dassia
Corfu Sea Gardens
Corfu Sea Gardens
#11 of 14 in Kavos

Been to Nautilus Hotel? Share your experiences!