“BEWARE”
Review of Luzmar Villas

Luzmar Villas
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Luz
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just got back from a 7 day stay and would not return even if free!! you really do need a car as you feel like you are in the middle of no where the village is a 20/30 minute walk away. the room decor is what you would expect and the rooms are clean.we where the only british guest for our week and where not made to feel welcome and if the weather is bad you have nothing to do as no entertaiment at all . The food which had a limited choice was just ok The local bus pick you up outside the hotel which you can go to Lagos on but on the journey back make you get off in Luz and you have to walk the rest of the way.when we booked this holiday we where told it was in Lagos but it is not take you about 40 minutes on bus to get to Lagos

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mang1186338
There are newer reviews for Luzmar Villas

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just finishing a 4 night stay at this hotel. Its decor is slightly old fashioned but it is spotlessly clean.
The rooms are large and the sea view rooms have a lovely view of the sea in the distance. There is a large swimming pool
and a small children's pool.
The breakfast buffet is very good and plentiful. They do a dinner buffet starting at 18.30 for 15€.
It is unlike other hotel buffets as the food is prepared and put out fresh. The quality of the food is excellent and none
of the guests bother to look elsewhere. At present there are about 30 guests mostly from Germany and they seem to
be very happy with everything. For a three star hotel the food is far superior to a lot of four star estabishments. The only disadvantage is that one would possibly need a car. It's about a 15 minute walk to the local town and further to the beach. However I did notice there is an Eva bus stop right outside the entrance and there
seems to be a frequent enough service. Recommended.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank speedbird
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I so wish I had taken my driving licence as this place is approx 80 miles from Faro Airport and after the transfer of a long journey my 8 year daughter and I were literally dropped at this beautiful villa with nothing around us apart from complete silence and tranquility.
The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was great. Just be sure to get to breakfast and dinner as soon as possible as the food goes cold quickly.
I loved my room, it was stunning, I wish the pool was heated.. It would be a great place for romance.
The beach not far away was amazing i loved it all, I have completely wound down from stresses of life..

Room Tip: have a room facing the pool, very relaxing
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank VickySAFARRIS
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The room was absolutely beautiful and decorated with a personal touch. Beautiful open concept bar with lounge area, very nice and breezy at night. The lounge has lots of comfy seating, an area with lots of board games and a pool table. Breakfast is incredible, lots of choice and delicious foods. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a second floor room with a view of the ocean on top of the trees. Very nice!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Moris70
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed at this property for three days, but was not particularly impressed about it and its services. The compound-like place is well-kept: the garden and the pool are spotless. From the rooms, guests can see the ocean--which is lovely.

The room was spacious, but it was very sparsely furnished--I suspect in summer, when people spend their days at the beach anyway, it might be okay. Around the bed, the decorative brickwork had come off the wall and had not been repaired. The spacious breakfast room is in the main building, which towers somewhat eerily above the entire compound.

The breakfast was okay but not of good quality. The service that irritated me tremendously was that the Internet was apportioned for just one hour at a time. It was free--as it should be in the information age--but whenever I had used up the hour I had to run back to the office and beg for another hour. To make matters worse, the access code was on a little piece of paper with the price on it--was that supposed to make me feel thankful that the service was free?

I don't think I will stay at this place again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank GeorgeCurious
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have just returned from one week at Luzmar Villas, the rooms are fabulous, large, lovely balcony, mine was a suntrap :-) A bath, yes a bath is in the bathroom as well as shower, so when you walk the coastal walk from Luz to Burgau which is breathtaking and very photogenic you can have a soak in a hot bath, but remember to turn cold water on as well as hot whilst running it else the smoke alarm goes off, oh yes, I did that the first hour I was there!!! The staff are very helpful, nothing is too much trouble. The pool looks fantastic - I wish I had been able to swim but didn't want to risk it with my broken wrist. The gardens are kept beautifully. I was interested in the unusual fungi until the gardner mowed them away! I can thoroughly recommend this place. The breakfast set you up for the whole day. I loved it and didn't want to come home yesterday, but I had to cos I had the air ticket! I will return.

Room Tip: ask for top floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank trishann4
Reviewed September 30, 2011

My wife & myself stayed at this lovely place for one week and we could have easily have stayed for another three days at least. Lovely staff, who were so homely and nothing was a problem. If you are looking for a chill out holiday, then this is the place to go. Will be going back. Car hire is essential, there are a few beautiful beaches beyond Luz. Special praise has to go to Miguel, who was part of the service team, what a gem he was, a great ambassador for Luzmar villas.

Room Tip: car is a must. arrange to pick car up from faro airport.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flash2721
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luz
Hotel Belavista da Luz
#1 of 3 in Salema
Vila Gale Lagos
Vila Gale Lagos
#8 of 52 in Lagos

Been to Luzmar Villas? Share your experiences!