“Stunning views and good food”
Review of The Galley

The Galley
Ranked #39 of 57 Restaurants in Luz
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: http://www.luz-info.com/bars.htm#Galley
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Booked a table earlier in the day to eat here at 7:45 with my parents during our fortnight stay in Luz. We had a table inside as we know how windy it can get in the evenings in Luz! The table looked out over the bay and the views were stunning.

We were served fairly promptly when we arrived. We all ordered garlic bread which arrived quickly and tasted great. My dad's Portuguese steak was very nice and had plenty of potatoes which he appreciated, although it was a little too greasy. My pork with date sauce was tasty and the staff were accommodating when I asked for the potatoes to be switched to rice. My mum's salmon with potatoes and veg was tasty although her potatoes could have been a little warmer when they arrived.

I didn't order a dessert but my parents had a cheese board and port. Although the port was nice, they felt that the cheese selection could have been stronger for the price that they paid (€10).

Overall, our food was good but not excellent, although we have been spoiled by the other great restaurants that they have in Luz. The atmosphere was lively (especially the singers) and the views were beautiful. 4/5.

1  Thank chardavies93
There are newer reviews for The Galley

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Had the 2 course dinner special for 15.50 starter of garlic mushrooms then grilled sardines. and a nice almond cake for dessert. It was all very nice but nothing spectacular . Wine was 15 euro a litre more expensive than others restaurants nearby.

1  Thank holidayseeker
Reviewed August 27, 2014

a wonderful sea view with a choice of eating al fresco or still outside but with a roof above you.!st time we went for my wife's birthday the service was brilliant Left a few days and went again and service not quite up to scratch.

for the size of the place they have a very varied menu Good value for money

1  Thank calahondalola
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Called for brunch, service was poor and food over priced for basic menu.
Had a cheese and ham toastie with salad for €7, staff were abrupt and unfriendly.

1  Thank JTH1104
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

Lovely location overlooking the beach from a shady, cool balcony, service was spot on and food was very nice indeed, particularly the fresh fish. Can't find fault so I won't try to!

2  Thank BirminghamBeachBum