“Beautiful views ok food”
Review of The Galley

The Galley
Ranked #39 of 57 Restaurants in Luz
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://www.luz-info.com/bars.htm#Galley
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This restaraunt was nice but not as good as someone recommended. The food was well presented and hot I had the Peri-Peri Chicken and there was not much of it.

There are newer reviews for The Galley

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Pretty basic restaurant, service coul be improved, the Algarve Stew is very good that being said.
Nice touch providing blankets for colder, windier days.

1  Thank J C
Reviewed September 7, 2013

the food is exeptionally good particually the seafood which is divine authentic portugese fare. the views from the upper floor are well worth climbing the stairs for.highly recommended.

1  Thank elaine a
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Again recommended to us. We went quite early and I was not impressed by the look of the place. Metal tables and chairs with no cushions and it looked very basic. All front tables were taken but we hadn't booked so can't complain. Quite pricy but a good choice of food available with some unusual fish dishes. Very big starter, no choice of accompaniment for food. Steak came with frozen! chips - Chaplins and Barroca came with home made chips. The cheese board was expensive at 9.90 euros and what you got was a joke. 5 thumbnails of cheese - never seen a cheeseboard so poor. I probably wouldn't go again.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

What a horrible service experience. At dinner time, the restaurant was not quite full, but it took the service 15 minutes to come to our table. They excused, they had not enough menu card, so we could only order drinks. I got a british beer (no foam) and my wife and son got a small bootle of coke with a straw. Unbelievable. After 15 minutes of additional waiting for the menu card we decided to leave. Especially, cause I could take a look on the plates of my neighbors.
Btw, I doubt some of the positive experience here in this forum!