“Small but great,!”

Aquario
Ranked #10 of 57 Restaurants in Luz
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Commercial centre Edeficio Luztur.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This small but intimate restaurant provides excellent quality food in a slightly unprepossessing location. The proprietor is very friendly and attentive and the menu although limited provided sufficient choice.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Have been to Luz for many years, eaten everyplace in the area, found O Aquario ( by default) , and can only say that it is the best example of HIGH QUALITY dining we have found in the whole area. Service and food are second to none, with 1st class ingredients used with loving care in all the menu offers. Always worth a visit! Cannot recommend it highly enough! Head Chef Vitor, surpasses all expectations with his consummate passion for providing superb dishes from local produce. Presentation is always perfectly executed by Sergio, Vitor's right hand man!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We dined at this restaurant two nights ago and the service we received was impeccable and attentive. The starters were delicious and the place offered an extensive wine list. My 12 year old daughter didn't order a starter so the chef prepared a sweet light dish shaped into a toadstool with eyes and a lovely rose tomato which she loved !!! This added extra lender to the charm of the place. the main was hearty and traditionally Portuguese although my friend ordered a cut of veal that was quite fatty. My steak however was cooked to perfection. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have visited this place several times but this time found it a bit more expensive. This may be due to new taxes in Portugal. The food is still good and the welcome is warm but they will need to watch their prices.also note that they do not take Credit Cards.

1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant for a number of years and always found it excellent.
However this time it was disappointing.
The soup was average and the steak on the tough side and certainly in my 17 day stay in Luz I found far better for less money.
Maybe they were having a bad night so I will probably give it one more go before I cross it off my list.