“We'll be back”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We eat at Saffron whenever we are in Luz. The owners are very friendly and attentive, the service excellent and the food always good. We try to eat every time another dish (even though our son sticks to his favorite chicken tandoori) and were never disappointed. And yes, we we'll be back...

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Just behind the church on your way to the beach. Very friendly and efficient staff. Dip tray which comes with the poppadoms is bigger than any other place. However I didn't like them all. The usual onion/tomato mix and mango one were good. The onion bhaji starter was quite greasy, not the best I've had. The chicken tikka starter wasn't the tastiest I've had either. The vindaloo was super tasty and and spicy. We asked for onion naan but got plain naan. The chips and boiled rice were good. I would return for the vindaloo but would chose different starters. You get a shot glass of port and aniseed sugar at the end of your meal.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 weeks in luz and went 4 times due to the quality of the food, chicken tikka masala was too die for also the prawn bhuna is delicious with a good amount of fresh prawns

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Visited here twice... the first time stumbling by it on accident. My partner and I loved it.

It was fantastic value to start with - around 30 Euros for starters and two mains. The waiting staff were lovely and friendly. And the food was excellent. It was so good that we had to go back a second time.

There is another Indian just two doors down from this that I haven't tried (Pashmina), but this was certainly a really good experience. One of the real benefits was that it was open a lot later than other venues in Luz that tend to shut down promptly around 10pm.

Could use some slightly nicer tables, but all in all, I'd recommend that you pop in once during a week in Luz.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We ate there on a Saturday night in July. The place was quite busy and there were few tables available. My chicken curry was tasty and quite spicy for a "medium hot" curry. My wife had the chicken tandoori which tasted ok but was a bit tough. The service was horrendously slow even for a busy night. The owner came to the table and chatted with us for a bit and was very pleasant.

There is another Indian restaurant just down the street we plan to try just to compare.

1  Thank Lucydog62