“Wonderful evening once again”
Review of OndaLuz

OndaLuz
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Luz
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: OndaLuz on the entrance to Praia da Luz, near when Rua da Varzea meets the Rua Direita, is a really nice traditional Portuguese Restaurante, know for its fish dishes, but it also has a wide variety of meat and seafood, you should also try the house especial lamb.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was tempted by many other dishes, their kebabs, served to you hanging from a stand and served beautifully looked a delight, but I was once again wanting their delicious half crispy duck served in what they describe as an Orange sauce, but its far more than that, it in my view is a sauce bigarde, so piquant as to be delightful! Needless to say I had their fabulous chocolate cake with fresh cream for desset, Their house red wine is a Dao and no need to spend any more euros on any other its excellent!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were 8 Canadians that choose this restaurant 3 times during the week and we were treated like royalty. The owners were always pleasant, the choice of food great especially the fresh fish daily. The prices were always reasonable. The surprise of a small complimentary glass of Porto was always appreciated. You have to encourage this restaurant as they are truly proud of it.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

i agree with friendly and good service, fresh prepared meals and tasty wine...the atmosphere is
typical for Portugal.. nothing special, buts ok.
May be we choose the wrong food, but our Cataplana (fish) had a good taste but very small size... should have been for two but not enough for even one. For 30 Euros (Cataplana) i expect a bit more!...all in all, has been ok, but too expensive for what we got.
Anyway the restaurant has been crowded...so seems to be a good one, but not for us that
evening.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This restaurant delivers great food, and proud, efficient service.

The staff are proud of what they do, and can recommend a variety of dishes.
We particularly appreciated when our waiter reminded us that one of our fish choices was not in season, even though the dish was offered. He then recommended another (delicious) dish.

Their seafood has never disappointed and their lamb dishes are also recommended.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My love affair with Portuguese food continues Ondaluz is a small and very busy restaurant, the kitchen is open to view, the chefs prepare every meal to order so don’t expect to be served very fast but you will be served with style, you really must book as last night every table was full which for a Sunday night this time of year is so good to see, now the meals; I had chicken Piri Piri which wasn’t hot enough for me but that’s normal the chicken was succulent and so tasty I didn’t have a starter but did have the cover which was ewes cheese two types of bread and the normal cream cheese and paté all good value and a good nibble while I watched the chefs cook our meals, my partner had the duck in orange sauce which she did book the day before as it sells out fast! Which was perfectly cook and she had a pudding, chocolate cake made on site was very good. Not the cheapest restaurant about 50 euros for the two of us with two bottles of house red so not too bad, a really good night out and good food and very comfortable surroundings