“Booking essential”

OndaLuz
Ranked #8 of 59 Restaurants in Luz
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: OndaLuz on the entrance to Praia da Luz, near when Rua da Varzea meets the Rua Direita, is a really nice traditional Portuguese Restaurante, know for its fish dishes, but it also has a wide variety of meat and seafood, you should also try the house especial lamb.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My love affair with Portuguese food continues Ondaluz is a small and very busy restaurant, the kitchen is open to view, the chefs prepare every meal to order so don’t expect to be served very fast but you will be served with style, you really must book as last night every table was full which for a Sunday night this time of year is so good to see, now the meals; I had chicken Piri Piri which wasn’t hot enough for me but that’s normal the chicken was succulent and so tasty I didn’t have a starter but did have the cover which was ewes cheese two types of bread and the normal cream cheese and paté all good value and a good nibble while I watched the chefs cook our meals, my partner had the duck in orange sauce which she did book the day before as it sells out fast! Which was perfectly cook and she had a pudding, chocolate cake made on site was very good. Not the cheapest restaurant about 50 euros for the two of us with two bottles of house red so not too bad, a really good night out and good food and very comfortable surroundings

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Brilliant place to eat, good menu and wine, very good service. They have nothing to hide you have an open view of the spotlessly clean kitchen and see your food being cooked.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My first visit to this local restaurant, no idea why I haven't tried it before! I had fish soup as a starter, which was delicious, then Lamb chops, I had wanted the duck with orange that they do but it had already sold out! ( must be good ) The main course wasnt as large as most other restaurants but sufficient for me. Thei menu is varied lots of fish and meat dishes.Its not cheap but not overly expensive either, certainly a nice night out was had by myself and my companions.I shall be revsititing and possibly preordering the duck!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had by passed this restaurant on previous holidays to Luz because of the pictures on the plastic menu panels on the pillars outside. We didn't know what we were missing!

When we did go in there is an extensive menu; both fish and meat dishes are excellent. The staff are friendly and service good. Very clean and it is interesting to see the chefs working (on our vists all female).

Reasonaby priced and good value. Open everyday in the evening for dinner.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Yet again we have been to Ondaluz and could not fault it. In the middle of January the place was busy. Food was very good staff very friendly, the prices very good. Don't be put off by the outside, inside is much better. Well worth a visit