“Delicious Meal!! (FYI - cash only restaurant)”
Review of A Fabrica

A Fabrica
Ranked #11 of 64 Restaurants in Luz
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Beachfront restaurant with inside and outside dining. Daytime we serve lunches, snacks, fresh fruit juices, smoothies, teas, coffees, (including vegan and gluten free options) Visit us in the evening for a full and interesting a la carte menu with an international flavour, carefully selected local wines, produce, cocktails, kids menu. Bright and contemporary interior. Open 6 days per week through summer season. Closed Sundays
Reviewed May 7, 2019

My husband and i were looking for a nice local spot with good food, A Fabrica did not disappoint! We started out with a Sagres beer and a Sober Gerry (mocktail) followed by the soup of the day (pureed pumpkin with ginger), the sea bass & chowder over a bed of clams, and the lamb shank. I really appreciated how every dish was not only perfectly prepared and tasty but it was piping hot. There is nothing worse than luke warm food to ruin a meal.

The sea bass was light and flakey, clams + potatoes were perfectly seasoned and irresistible with the chowder. I switched plates with my husband half way through so i could finish up all the soup and potatoes.The lamb shank was also delicious - meat literally fell off the bone!!

Just FYI - this is a cash only place so please make sure you bring cash!!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

Just in front of the beach - awesome location. Great salads and many tasty main options (including vegetarian). Superb service and great value for price. Will definitely return when back at Algarve. Thanks!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

My many visits to this establishment have always been top rate. However this visit was a disappointment. Very long wait for both starter and main course. Fillet steak was served in a plate of gravy which did not do it justice and looked decidedly off putting. Lamb shank was less than tasty and the overall experience was a let down. Surprised and disappointed at my first bad meal here. Staff as usual were friendly but too few to provide proper and efficient service. Hope it returns to its normal excellence.

1  Thank Eanna57
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Great food and the service was magnificent. All I have wanted and much more. Lovely dinner, a place to return and return again.

Reviewed April 20, 2019

I was served cold and soggy food (more details to come) and, despite all the positive reviews here, I recommend you dine in a restaurant that cares about their food.

I had the 'special' of the day, described to me as a fish dish in an Asian style. The fish wasn't fresh and it was soggy, the fish (cod, or something similar) and vegetables (a few strands of broccoli) and two dumplings were swimming in soy sauce. (I've travelled widely in Asia and know what Asian food is, by the way.)

I handed the food back because it was cold and the waiter took it away. It came back hot - presumably after a spin in the microwave.

I paid 17e for the dish - about a third more expensive than the going rate in the area.

We arrived late in the day, just before closing time (10pm), so maybe the food was just sitting in a pot on a counter, the staff thinking no one would order it, and the fool I am I fell for the PR spin from the maitre d that it was "popular" all night.

My partner had a miserable tiny portion of salmon, as part of a risotto dish. The fish wasn't fresh and it was a miserable portion.

The waiter served us glasses of flat Rose. So on all fronts this restaurant gets a big thumbs down.

The restaurant was the only busy place in the area on a midweek night. So their marketing must be good, or they don't care about repeat business, rely on tourists who eat their once.

I'm writing this review to help the restaurant. Please take pride in your food.

On a positive note, the staff were friendly.

1  Thank Jeff F