“First rate”

Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Luz
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Beachfront restaurant with inside and outside dining. Daytime we serve lunches, snacks, fresh fruit juices, smoothies, teas, coffees, and great home made cakes (including gluten free options) Visit us in the evening for a full and interesting a la carte menu with an international flavour, carefully selected local wines, cocktails, kids menu. Bright and contemporary interior. Open 6 days per week through summer season. Closed Sundays
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“First rate”
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Great table outside as booked at lunch time, service good however the food was even better, great starters, fantastic main courses, they certainly know what they are doing at this place, 4 nights left and for sure our No 1 choice

1 Thank John_GR9919JO

• Polish first
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Visited Café a Fabrica twice during a fortnight's stay in Luz with my parents and sister. On both occasions we booked a table on the day and would definitely advise others to book as the restaurant fills up quick! Booked for 8pm the first time and 9pm the second time.

We found the staff attentive and they all spoke good English. They even asked us to check our steaks to make sure that they were cooked to our liking, which I had personally never experienced back home in the UK (they were all cooked perfectly).

We were served promptly both times and the food was exemplary. I especially enjoyed the onion marmalade that was served with the paté and the chilli jam that came with the burger. Even the bread was lovely. I didn't have a dessert either time as I was too full from my main course but my family all found their's delicious on both occasions. My mum especially loved the orange and almond cake!

All in all we had a wonderful time and we would definitely eat here again if any of us return to the Algarve. 5/5.

4 Thank chardavies93
London, United Kingdom
“Fab food!”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Had researched this before coming to Luz and it lived up to expectations. All the food was delicious.

2 Thank quidditch12
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Belter!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Bright and friendly establishment with a varied and high quality menu. Would highly recommend everything about this restaurant. Food is fresh and well presented; staff are welcoming and attentive and will provide you with a blanket if it gets a bit windy outside!! Couldn't fault it at all!!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank JGSF5
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stay in Lagos and don't usually make the trip out to Luz for a meal but in this case we are so glad we did. Great menu and the food is excellent. There were 5 of us so we had a mixture of things to eat. I had the liver pate which was home made and unctious as was the home made chutney which accompanied it. My husband had the piri prawns and said they were the best he had ever had, which is going some given that this is a staple dish in many Algarvian restaurants! Two of the five shared a baked camembert of which I had a littlle of and that too was very tasty as was the duck conift starter our other friend had. For the main courses 3 of us had the Portuguese Steaks all cooked perfectly and certainly excellent value for money. Two of our number had the belly of pork which they both loved. Of course we had heard that the puddings there are to die for and I can safely report that the one I had, the warm chocolate fudge cake was superb! I am not a great sweet eater but i would certainly go back for another.

The wine list was interesting in that we didn't know many of the Portuguese wines on the list but we had both red and white wines and both were very nice indeed.

The service was very good and very friendly and we had a most enjoyable evening at a very reasonable price.

• Visited August 2014