“The place for lunch and The best burger”
Review of A Fabrica

A Fabrica
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Luz
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Beachfront restaurant with inside and outside dining. Daytime we serve lunches, snacks, fresh fruit juices, smoothies, teas, coffees, (including gluten free options) Visit us in the evening for a full and interesting a la carte menu with an international flavour, carefully selected local wines, cocktails, kids menu. Bright and contemporary interior. Open 6 days per week through summer season. Closed Sundays
Reviewed September 19, 2013

On the last day of our stay when we had to vacate our appartments and had time before our flight we dropped by Cafe a Fabrica for a quick lunch. We sat outside and had a good view over the beach and ocean. For an outsider it looks like a basic place but they have the most delicious burgers for 8-9 Euros, where meat is juicy and melting in your mouth. They have kids menu and the service is verywelcoming. Had we knew about this place before, probably would have had more lunches here!

1  Thank NikAndNataliya
cafeafabrica, Manager at A Fabrica, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for your visit and your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your lunch. Should you visit Luz again, do try our evening menu, which is a quite different to our more casual lunchtimes, and we offer a three course kids meal deal. You can see some of our evening dishes at the Cafe a Fabrica facebook page.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Tried the burger, it was fantastic, only thing I felt slightly let down about was the generic sesame bun - though this is more of a personal taste gripe than anything else. Interior is fabulously fresh also quite different from other restaurants in the locality. Outside seating get to hear the local acts if they are playing nightly on the prom.

cafeafabrica, Manager at A Fabrica, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for your visit and your review of our restaurant. We are pleased you enjoyed our burger and we note your comment on the sesame bun. We agree that our home made burger deserves better. We have tried other bakery rolls in their place this year, but these were deemed too crusty, and we have yet to source a suitable soft bap variety from local bakers as these are not typical to Portugal. We shall keep trying, but in the meantime if you visit again, please feel free to request a fresh baked roll with your burger. We welcome your feedback.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our party of four booked a meal at Fabrica as it was about 20 metres from our apartment. We were fortunate to choose the first warm evening of the week so enjoyed our meals al fresco.

The food was delicious, the service efficient and the atmosphere friendly without being intrusive.

Highly recommended.

cafeafabrica, Manager at A Fabrica, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your visit and for your review. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable evening at our restaurant.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am a regular holiday maker and visit Luz around 3 to 4 times a year and everytime I make sure I return to Cafe a Fabrica to see what new and creative dishes they have added to the menu. You have to go for the Fabrica Sampler it is a mixture of all the starters presented beautifully, and the home made chilli jam is to die for. This year I had their special fig and goats cheese mouse which I was told the figs were picked from the waiters very own back garden you can't get more organic than that, and it was delicious. Everyday they have a portugeuse special of the day and an alternative to suit all diners. I cant rate the food enough if you are in the area make sure you pop in. We will def be back. Can't wait.

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you have enjoyed our restaurant. Sadly the fig crop will be over soon, but we will introduce new seasonal dishes to the menu. We will continue to offer the sampler, and the Portuguese dish of the day.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I ate a lot of figs at a Fabrica. I'm happy about the experience, though. I love fresh figs.

The restaurant is medium sized but not crowded. Service is pleasant and friendly, but efficient. Prices are in line with the better restaurants in Luz. The toilets, including a disabled toilet, are utterly immaculate. I think they deserve a mention.

I visited with a party of six including two young children. There was a varied menu, including children's meal deals. I began with a starter of fresh green figs, goat's cheese mousse and local ham. It was delightful. I followed this with rolled pork tenderloin with a pear stuffing in the centre. It may sound odd, but It was very good, and as tender as its name suggests. Portions were average but certainly not of the 'painted on the plate' variety. For dessert I followed the fig theme, choosing a freshly baked, almond-flavoured fresh fig tart, served with a good quality vanilla ice cream. The proprietress assured me that the figs were picked that only morning!

It's straightforward, fresh, well-prepared and presented food at a Fabrica. I don't think you could be disappointed. I'd go again, certainly!

1  Thank JSL47
cafeafabrica, Manager at A Fabrica, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your visit and your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your meal and our fig dishes of the day. Sadly the crop will have finished soon, but we will be producing other seasonal specials in their place. We hope you will return.