“excellent, but relatively expensive”
Review of Amici Ristorante Bar - CLOSED

Amici Ristorante Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
The Hague, The Netherlands
“excellent, but relatively expensive”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Food is of excellent quality. Compared to other restaurants in Luz the price is high. Establishment is quite noisy and the light is unfriendly. Pity we had to wait quite a long while, because inefficient staff and a slow kitchen.

• Visited January 2014

Wirral England
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food to die for !!!!!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Living in Luz we regularly eat in this restaurant and I thought it was about time I wrote a review about our experiences. We have tried most of the dishes on the menu with family and can honesty say that if Italian food is what you are looking for then you should pay Amici a visit. Do book before hand as I know its a popular restaurant both with locals and holidaymakers alike. The food is amazing all prepared by an authentic Italian chef, what I didn't know is that they also do a take away service with their Pizza's which are delicious.
I was a little surprised by the comments from the previous 3 reviewers all giving a low rating until I realised they were all from the same party. I suggest you experience Amici as we do and see for yourself. Happy eating :)

• Visited December 2013
Augusta, Maine, Usa
“Amazing people, amazing food!!!!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My first night in town I stopped by Amici's to quench my craving for some Italian food. I was welcomed by a waiter, Ricardo who was extremely pleasant. We were seated outside and offered blankets in case we got chilly. First came the wine, and it was absolutely perfect. I ordered the ricotta dish and have never tasted such delicious ricotta! My friend ordered a spicy egg noodle dish and absolutely raved about it. Even though I was full, I had to try the Tiramisu. Oh. My. God. I would recommend that you order this above all else. It was hands down the best meal I have had in Portugal. One of the owners came and chatted with my friend and I. She is extremely kind and hospitable. The food, the atmosphere, and the people, you cannot beat Amici's!

• Visited October 2013
Rochester, New York
“Great Service, Awful food”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

traveled here with 3 friends, hoping for delicious italian, not what we got. food went from awful to worse but the service was great as was prosecco.

Visited November 2013
Rochester, New York
“Excellent service, food needed more seasoning.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Our party of 4 was looking for authentic Italian. We are visiting Luz for the first time and it is off season. Only 1 other table seated when we arrived at 8:15 and a 2nd group of 4 arrived shortly thereafter. Our waiter,
Ricardo, was excellent and they have a nice wine list. The calamaria Meditterneo was served in a tortilla shell for some reason and lacked flavor. Our pasta dishes included vegetables that had been overcooked but the pasta was cooked just right. The desserts were excellent- panna cotta was exceptional and coffee delish. Would not return on another visit.

Visited November 2013