“Good but not great”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in Luz for a week in october with another couple and went to 7 different restaurants.We independently at the end of the week scored out of 10 all the restaurants we visited and this came last, although it has to be said we went to some very nice resaurants, including Artistas in Lagos, and Ancora in Burgau (these 2 are fantastic, I have reviewed them!).
Lovely starters, including prawns in parma ham and asparagus.
My lasagna was nice, although any Italian restaurant not serving a good lasagna would have a major problem, but the chicken and veg pasta dish my wife had was disappointing.
Service a bit slow, and overall it was ok, but we wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The food was nice enough but the service is awful. We waited 45 mins to order! There's a short waiter guy with a real attitude problem. There were only five tables of people in the restuarant but he said they don't take orders until they are ready. He was rude and spoiled our evening then after two hours when we finally got our food he said sarcastically 'worth waiting for then?' we thought it was a one off but my sister went the next night despite our warnings and he was exactly the same with them. The staff could learn a thing or two from Chicca's up the road. Brilliant enthusiastic service and all fresh food too. So it can be done!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We spent two weeks in Luz last September and Amici was one of our favorite restaurants.
Each time with a very friendly welcome we appreciate a large wine list and lot of different meals. The staff speaks several languages (german, french, English and also portuguese).
My favorite dish: Chicken with asparagus.

1  Thank Cyril F
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have visited Luz on many occasions but this restaurant serves the best and most authentic Italian food we have come across in the area. Service could be quicker but after all we are on holiday not in a road race. So I would say to all those who have criticised the speed of service - chill out! Really excellent experience

1  Thank mlcwPrestwick
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I loved this restaurant when I visited Luz in 2011 but this year I was utterly disappointed! We had booked a table in advance & when we arrived there were around 10 other tables taken. We were shown to our table & were given the menu & ordered 2 bottles of wine which arrived within 5 minutes. Around 25 minutes later we were still waiting for someone to take our food order. There were 2 staff waiting tables who seemed to be hovering around. As none of them approached us I decided to approach one of them and ask if someone could please take our order. The waiter abruptly said he would ask the kitchen. When he returned to our table he was extremely sharp and said that all the food was cooked fresh. We said we completely understand this but no one had even explained there would be a considerable waiting time. The waiter had a "could not careless attitude" so we basically asked for the bill for our drinks which was brought to us in seconds and the waiter came to collect the money in seconds also. We then left to eat elsewhere without even an apology or the manageress, who was behind the bar, approach us. If this were my restaurant I would like my customers to leave happy. We would have been happy to wait if only this had been explained to us when we arrived but the attitude from the rude waiter made our decision for us and we will not eat here again if we are to be treated this way in the future.