Hotel Baia da Luz
Hotel Belavista da Luz(Luz)(Great Value!)
$98
$89
Vilamar Hotel(Luz)(Great Value!)
$47
$34
Luzmar Villas(Luz)(Great Value!)
$66
$55
Quinta Do Mar Da Luz(Luz)(Great Value!)
$74
Agoda.com
$44
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsitalian restaurantwashing machinebed duplexpool areaon site restaurantthese apartmentstennis courtsda luzupstairs bedroomadult poolapartment blockroof terracesun loungerspool supervisorfamily poolgreat apartmentyoung children
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Excellent. Good value for money and very well maintained. As my wife remarked, “if I wasn’t staying there, I’d wish I was”. It’s about a five-minute walk to the beach and the Atlantic water is very cold, so we spent most of our flopping time by the pool, rather than on the beach. There was never a problem getting space by the pool, but I’m not sure if this would still have been the case had they been fuller. It was also very windy during our stay, but we were told by longer-term residents that this was unusual. In the event, the wind meant that we didn’t feel too hot in the 30 degree heat. Take-out food from the on-site Italian restaurant was also delicious and good value.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Peter_S_Hunt
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Went here with a few friends for a week, and we all loved it. Would definitely recommend this place to friends/family, and will return again next summer if I can. Brilliant location, loads to do and very cheap. Highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank risico
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed in Baia da Luz during the month of June. It was fabulous. Apartments are really lovely and are very well fitted out. The pool area is very inviting . The Italian restaurant beside the pool is absolutely excellent and very good value. The staff are very very friendly. It is a five minute stroll to the lovely beach which is very well serviced. There are a large variety of restaurants in the village, some nice shops, two small supermarkets, hairdressers, pharmacy, medical centre and quaint church. All of these are within walking distance. The night life really happens in the nearby Marina of Lagos, which is beautiful at any time. There is an old town, a Marina and a fabulous boardwalk. This is only a ten min car journey away. We had a fabulous time, lots of sea sun & relaxation (ok and Vino also). I would highly recommend .

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ceapim
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Apartment: Spacious, well laid out and appointed, we were obviously the first let of the season as all the utensils etc were new, our room had a reasonable sea view. Very limited road and other noise except the bin men on a couple of mornings. Everything was clean and worked. The maid service was minimal but adequate. Reception book in & out worked OK. Beware the poolside towel ‘deposit’ that is really a rental charge.
Complex: Fortunately our apartment block was away from the pool area, which was noisy with children running around- only to be expected. After being, what I considered, massively overcharged for a small beer and a cola, at the poolside bar on site I took my custom elsewhere in the village to eat and drink. The complex is a 10min walk to either of the two mini-markets, that are OK, but are unfortunately dominated with UK branded goods.
Village: A very quiet seaside young family centred location- really a one horse town (and yes I did see the horse!) VERY British orientated, but with a super beach generally quiet at the eastern end, if you don’t mind the lesbians making out behind the rocks. There are a dozen or so restaurants, in the village, all the ones we ate in were satisfactory, some better than others. A number of the bars were quite dire, or perhaps I just don’t like scruffy reproduction British pubs. Overall it’s a resort aimed at older/retired people or families with young children. The bars appear to close early and are generally quiet. Other entertainment can be sought in nearby Lagos which is a €1.80 bus or €10 taxi ride away.
Would I visit again: No- There must be more to Portugal that this quiet outpost of little Britain.

Room Tip: Avoid pool if you want quiet away from noisy kids
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JonsAbroad
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stayed here with my friend and her daughter in may. I was exhausted going out and found the perfect haven. It's right in the centre of town and yet it's quiet on the complex. It's spotless. The pool area deserves mention. We lay on our loungers and literally were served up the most magnificent fresh orange juices and really good coffee. The poolside lunch was also great and we were made feel so welcome. Nothing was too much trouble. At night we could choose from an array of beachside restaurants or some really good ones in town. I recommend the Chinese and the on site Italian - the tagliatelle was to die for.

The resort is classy / not a bit honky Tonk. If you want a really lively night you can go to Lagos nearby which has all that.

Now the apartments are really spot on. We were in a two bedroom in block 25 which got lovely evening sun over looking orange (I think) groves. It was also just a bit away from pool which meant we were totally secluded and it was really quiet.

Highly recommend!