“Always delivers”
Review of Restaurante O Antonio - CLOSED

Restaurante O Antonio
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: http://www.algarve-retreats.co.uk/sub_page.cfm/title/Where%20to%20eat%20in%20the%20Algarve,%20Portugal%20-%20Restaurante%20O%20Antonio%20in%20Praia%20da%20Luz/section/services/editID/775 This is all I could find I'm afraid, well deserved a good review. Small Family run, and one of the best restaurants I ate in while I was away. Let me know if its already up there, but perhaps under some other name?
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

5th visit in 3 years to Antonio's and it is still excellent. Luz is quiet in early May and instead of operating over 2 floors only downstairs is open. So at about 20 covers we did well to get 5 people in. food was fab. Between us we had covers and flambe sausages. Bang on again. Between us we had piri piri chicken, salmon and lamb chops. Great again. Deserts between us of cheesecakes and creme brulee. Gorgeous. 5 people, 3 starters, 5 mains, 3 deserts, all tasty, 2 bottles of wine, bottle of water, €70 - bargain and stikl quality.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I ate at O Antonio on a Saturday evening. The welcome was warm, and friendly, but the atmosphere a bit dark and uninspiring. Seems the owner was a tennis professional and his trophies adorn the bar. The starter (octopus salad) was fine, but nothing to write home about, and they forgot the other starter, which as it happens, was OK, because the mains came with rice and potatoes. Biggest crime - the plates were freezing cold! Why, oh why do restaurants still send hot food out on cold plates! Unforgivable! (They did warm them up at our request). Wine advice was good - thank you for that. We learned something about Portuguese wines which are very good! We will go back again, the effort to please was excellent.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I visited "O António" for the first time this Summer with some friends. They had suggested it and I can tell you that it was really worth it: it had a good environment - although the outside of the restaurant was not very inviting - and very nice employees, who advised us on what to eat. I strongly suggest you to eat the mussels with olive oil and coriander - delicious! For those who like shellfood, amazing! Next we ate goat cheese with honey and pine seeds - yeah, we really ate a lot - with toasts.
As a main course we tried the prawns with orange and mango sauce which was soooo good!! My friends also tried the sirlon steak in Port wine sauce, which looked - and they said it tasted - wonderfully!
Of course that after having this delicious dinner we had to finish with a desert - no way we could avoid it. So, we chose the apple pie which is served with vanilla sauce and vanilla ice cream. Yummy!!! Personally I ate the Banoffi Pie, one of the best deserts I've ever tasted in restaurants.
At the end - and I believe it was because we were so noisy and pleased with the food, the chef Marco Nogueira came to our table and talked to us, asking if we had enjoyed our meal. He was so nice and we all were very excited with him talking to us.
So, if you allow me, if you are ever in the neighbourhood, just visit "O António" in Praia da Luz, Rua da Praia. You won't regret it!!! Trust me!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

food and atmosphere were wonderful and the sardines were perfect,my wife had the Cod which was excellent,worth a visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This seafood restaurant has great seafood, but make sure you try the lamb stew--amazing. Octopus salad was another highlight.