“EXCELLENT!!!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013

What a wonderful restaurant Chaplins is. From the minute you walk thru the door, you are made made most welcome by the staff. Not cheap, but not too expensive either. The food on the menu is of good choice. I personally visited twice this week and for starters I had bruschetta & calamari (which was wonderful and not rubbery). Main course I chose the Green lipped mussels in a garlic & white wine sauce. I declined the chips to go with it, but asked for bread, to soak up the wonderful sauce. To which the staff were more than apply to do so. Deserts, I chose lemon cheesecake , which was enormous!
DEFINATLEY A RESTAURANT I WILL WILL VISIT AGAIN.
WELL DONE CHAPLINS

Visited September 2013

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Eaten here twice this month. Food is lovely, especially the ribs, which are so tender and fall off the bone. The vegetables are as good as at home. They are perfectly cooked, not soggy or hard. You get a good variety, such as carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, greens and peas. Service is friendly and polite. Prices very reasonable. Only disappointing thing was smoking allowed in the under cover area outside, which spoils it on a hot night for the non smokers.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us, went on our second night and it was so good we went again the following night. Not cheap but nowhere is cheap in Luz. Good portions of great quality food, I can recommend Chaplins chicken and the piri piri chicken and my husband had the mussels both times. Well worth a visit

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Having an apartment in Luz we spend around 8 weeks of the year there. Each time we visit Chaplin's is always our first port of call and we usually go more than once. The steak in port and Stilton sauce is simply one of the best meals we've had and it's consistently excellent. The staff are very friendly and always prepared to do a small portion for my 82 year old mum. Choose to sit outside and you've a fabulous view too.

3  Thank DeniseS57
Reviewed August 19, 2013

sorry seems to be good but people do not realize a lot of restaurant, my steak hard, and accompanying cold for very small place takes out the food, sorry again because people look good ....