“Very good service, some areas for improvement” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lindian Village

Lindian Village
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Lardos
“Very good service, some areas for improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Lindian village is situated in a beautiful location with great beach and very nice. Public areas. The food in the main restaurant, especially at dinner was great- full of taste, fresh and a lot to choose from. The training program is also cool and the service is really great. We were a group of 6- 3 adults and 3 children, one with gluten intolerance and they really went beyond in attending his needs. They remembered our table outside at dinner, our choice of rinks etc.
the areas for improvement: we were upgraded to a junior suite with a jacuzzi on the terrace. The terrace was great but the room itself somewhat dull in its design and to small for 2 adults and 2 kids. I guess we should have taken 2 rooms. The wifi is HORRIBLE!! and the cellular reception is not much better. In addition, we ate one evening in the that restaurant and it was just bad. Food did not come at the same time (around 30 minutes gap in the main courses between the 6 of us) and it was not tasty. Don't bother, especially since the main restaurant is very good.
The hotel does not have a car service to airport but hey quote 90 euros per taxi! I ordered a luxurious minibus online for the 6 of us for 100 euros in total.

All in all, it was an enjoyable vacation and great for a family getaway, though I wouldn't come to Rhodes for a romantic couple retreat, there are much better Greek islands for that.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank limorg96

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Quiet location, attentive warm and efficient staff in every area from cleaning ,bar ,catering ,laundry ,maintenance ,gardening, reception absolutely no exceptions. The staff at this hotel or a credit to it's manager and it's well run efficient team. I spent the last week of June and first week of July at this hotel with my wife, couldn't of asked for better weather, facilities or food would recommend this hotel to anyone. Personally can't wait to return next year

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank barryos61
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Inasmuch as there were good points about this resort, it is out-weighed by the bad. To start, these are the reasons why I give it

- the resort grounds is lovely and an evening walk around was a delight
- the scrambled eggs at the breakfast buffet is the best one I have ever had
- the bed is heavenly comfortable
- check-in was hassle-free and refreshments were provided. I thought we were up for a great start

- food. At least there were vegetarian options but some dishes were repeated the next night.

- beach. The water is clear and nicely cold for the summer heat but it suddenly drops from the shore. Swimming shoes are a must.

- limited tour options and information about places to visit. The resort had only one tour to the Old Town and it is the Evening Moat Walk which is 125€ each person. We found it too costly so we decided to take a cab and go to the old town ourselves.

?
- very limited english TV channels. For someone who's on vacation, NEWS channels are not appealing.

- WI-FI keeps dropping off. Without english movie channels on TV, this could have been a good alternative.

- exorbitant prices of room minibar items. A can of coke is 4€ when this is being sold for 1€ in the convenience store within the resort. I understand that they can top up the prices in the mini bar but isn't that too much?

- SERVICE. Before we left for breakfast, we indicated on the door that we wanted the room cleaned. It was not done yet by the time (around 11 am) we went back so we stayed at the beach to give them time. At around 2:30 pm, I went back to the room to see if it was cleaned. It wasn't, so I called the reception to request for the room to be cleaned. I went back to the beach again and my partner went back to our room at 5:30 pm. To our surprise, the room was still not cleaned! I called the reception again to say that the room was still not done and instead of an apology or a statement that a cleaner will be sent soon, I was told that the "do not disturb" sign was by the door that's why the room was not cleaned in the morning. I said that the "do not disturb" sign was only there briefly when we went back from breakfast and whilst we were preparing to go to the beach. I personally removed it as we left. And the fact that I even called 2 and a half hours ago to request a cleaner means that the room is not clean and that they had to do something about it. Why do I have to explain myself for a basic service that they should be providing? Finally, a cleaner was sent to do the job.

Two days before check out, I inquired if we can extend a few hours on our last day as out flight was scheduled at 10 pm so the shuttle bus was picking us up at 6:45 pm. I don't mind paying extra. The staff said that it was still too early to confirm whether or not we could extend so I was advised to call the next day. Fair enough, I thought. Next day, I was told that they were still unsure whether they can accommodate us but was asked to call again in the morning (check out date) to confirm. On the morning of check out, finally I was told that they cannot extend us for a few hours. Whilst it is their prerogative to let us extend a few hours or not, I suppose the room has to be cleaned for the next guests had it been allocated, right? So they know if it is available whether it is available or not in at least 24 hrs. Why did it take just few hours before check out before they could decide not to extend us? I could have made alternate plans.

When we went to the Old Town, we asked the staff to get us a taxi and the staff called one and told us that it will cost us 70 €. So we went to the Old town, the taxi driver asked if we would want to hire him again back to the resort for the same price. As we were not sure how long we'd be in the Old Town, we took the next available cab when we were ready to go home. As I told the driver where we're going, he pulled out a price list and said that Old Town to Lardos is only 56€! Turned out that taxi charges are fixed in Rhodes (Lindos-Lardos, Lardos-Old Town, etc). I am quite annoyed with the first driver for overly charging us and also with the resort for not protecting us against this prey. Not because we can afford to stay in a costly resort like this does not mean that we should be charged differently.

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Bearwin
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Very good reception on arrival . The staff is extremely helpful and very kind . The possibility of renting a suite with personal pool also possible but the sea is so clear , warm and welcoming that I personally would not go for this choice . Pebble & sand beach with a totally pebble entry into the sea , the pebbles ensure the clarity and colour of the water . There is also a beautiful sandy beach in the bay next to the hotel's beach that you can easily walk to . The rooms are kept fairly clean and serviced twice a day by very friendly staff , however , the toilets could be cleaner ...ours had yellow streaks and wasn't very nice to see . The aircon works well . Nice to get a room with it's own terrace that you can use in the evenings to enjoy the night and breeze .The hotel does not give you water in the room so you need to buy it....within the hotel a litre costs 1Euro , outside at the mini market you can get 6 litres for 2.5 Euros . Mario and Gigi are excellent waiters at breakfast & dinner . Soula at Rhodos Cars is a very nice person and resolved all our problems almost immediately....you will find her opposite the reception desk .
If you come to the hotel by taxi from the Airport it will cost you 69 Euros and do take the taxi number so you can call them to take you back.......if you go through the hotel it costs 90 Euros !(It's cheaper to rent a car for the day and leave it at the airport ...costs about 39 Euros ! ). Go visit Prassonisi beach and enjoy it too . I took a car and rode around the interior of Rhodes and enjoyed it a lot...tasty fruit , olives etc at good prices .
The hotel makes you pay for water and other drinks (even coffee ) at dinner and have the very bad habit of getting you to sign for it while you are still dining ......they could very simply get you to sign it at the end .
Overall I had a good holiday as I was there for the beach and sea ........and lots of relax .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Eternal S
TLV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is great, the beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I've been to. Do your self a favor and upgrade to the river pool suite - it was so calm to see the pool, sit by it in the evening, and even swim when the kids were asleep.
They constantly clean and rearrange the room, which is always good.
If I had to pick one bad thing - it would be the food in the evening - that was medium, but this something that didn't ruin anything.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank Rahavivo
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Lindian Village is truly a wonderful resort. If you are looking for a relaxing place with good food and service, then you will like this hotel. After seeing our standard room we asked for an upgrad and chose a suite with jacuzzi. The standard room looked fine and I am sure you can enjoy your vacation in a standard room as well, but paying a little bit more for a suite was definitely worth it.

Helpful tips:
- Do not use the bathroom at Rhodes Airport unless you have to
- Rent a car and drive Rhodes city and on the way back drive through butterfly valley
- Rent a car at the airport and drive yourself to Lindian village (Rodos Cars), you are way faster than with arranged transfers
- If you want to buy Snacks or Water there is a Mini Market not far away, you will see it when you get there. It is much cheaper than the Market at the Resort.

The Staff was very friendly and the Resort is very beautiful with all its flowers and the white buildings. We would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Suites are definitely worth their price.