“Leading Hotels of the World”
Review of Lindian Village

Lindian Village
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Lardos
Moscow
“Leading Hotels of the World”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Included in the list of Leading Hotels of the World.
Very green area, a paradise, all the blooms and fragrance.
The territory is not very big.
Big room, good lighting, bright-green color scheme (as in the photo from the hotel) Two beds (very comfortable mattress and pillows), a large sofa, desk and coffee table, mini-bar (fee), safe (free). Some surprises a lot of glasses and cups, so this is a wine and champagne, and more for hard liquor.
This peculiar feature hotel, everything seems to be the same as everywhere, but the best quality.
Very nice evening, when the whole area is illuminated and is very well placed lights, similar to light fixtures. Cicadas, running water (rivers and waterfalls and several cascades) and the unobtrusive sounds of evening programs next to the restaurant. By the way, the program ends before 23:00. Evening entertainment is live music every day something new: jazz, classical, Latin, and, of course, Greek evening.

Delicious hearty breakfast.

All kinds of pebbles from very large to almost sand. Beach slippers - a must! Beach cozy, at the end of the bay. Beach towels are in abundance. And for those who like fine sand and shallow entrance to the 500 meters is a wonderful beach Glystra.
The sand is very soft and light. Log in very flat, long fine - good for young children.

Excellent transport links.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Irunchick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We arrived on honeymoon at 21:15 01-08-2012 and stayed 10 nights in the Ottoman suites.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly staff member from guest relations who showed us to and around our suite. She mentioned that she thought we'd be peckish and as we had arrived a little late to be able to make the buffet (we were part of the pear club - all inclusive) so she had taken the liberty of organising a plate of cold meats, cheeses and dried fruit - which was delicious and just enough. As it was our honeymoon there was a bottle of champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries also awaiting us in the room.

Our hoilday was wonderful from start to finish. We found the staff to be attentive and friendly without being intrusive. Everyone: from Zoe (guest relations) to Caitilin & Visilis (Kohilo restaurant by day and Mr. Danton & Basil by night) Denisa in the buffet restaurant and Claire in the bar. They were all incredibly hardworking, nothing seemed too much trouble and they always had a smile for us.

All areas of the hotel were kept pristine at all times. The way the hotel has been designed like a greek village with stunning foliage and flora makes for an increibly relaxed but luxurious atmosphere.

The food was delicious no matter which restaurant we ate in. Menu's are full of choice and cater for every taste.

The only drawback was the unavailabilty of an iron to your room. The choice was not there but yet we had to pay to have items ironed.

Thank you Lindian Village for a honeymoon to remember!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Aoife9
Roustas A, General Manager at Lindian Village, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Aoife9,

How wonderful a review!

Initially thank you for taking the time to post this and thank you for giving us the privilege to partake in your momentous stay.

It was our distinct pleasure to welcome you as our guests for your honeymoon and your special big days and we absolutely love it that you have cherished each moment, along with the hospitality of our members, the luxurious atmosphere, the luscious plates and the pristine surroundings.

We wish you all the best and many happy returns!
Tiberias, Israel
Reviewed August 1, 2012

we spent there a long weekend. really great .nice beach ,large and comfortable rooms ( they clean them twice a day) and great service. the food was good, but don't forget - they charge you for the drinks - even water. a fair car rental service in the lobby. will come back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anna a
Bayern, Germany
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I booked my trip (I travelled alone) using Neckermann/Thomas Cook - I flew direct from Munich to Rhodos Greece and stayed at the Lindian Village Hotel from July 14 - 21, 2012.

I wanted to have a relaxing trip and this is what I got! :-) Upon arriving (the transfer bus took 2 hours to get me from the airport to my hotel, but it was fine with me because I got to see the city sights along the way) Once arriving at my hotel, I was greeted by a very friendly young Belgium lady who helped me check in.

The main restaurant/buffet was very well stocked with different types of meats and fish, lots of salads, several kinds of fresh fruit, different types of delicious breads, many ice creams, cakes, and on and on! The restaurant service was fast and friendly, the young waiters/waitresses spoke several different languages and were very happy to help in any way possible. There are other restaurants too! But I had the thing called Half Pension so my place was the main restaurant/buffet .. but I also ate at the Thai and the Fish/Oyster (and i got a 15 euro discount from eating there). The Thai is okay, I didnt think it was anything special (sorry! but its not real Thai) but the Fish/Oyster restaurant was a super blast! Excellent oysters, wine and fish! Really nice location being so high up, I could see it all - the pools, beach and ocean.

My hotel room was spacious and clean. No ants or bugs! What was scary/funny because reading some other reviews about the hotel rooms made me kinda nervous ..The ONLY thing I can say if I had to find 1 thing to comment on for the hotel room improvement is that the shower wand and water control are outdated and could be given a makeover.

Housekeeping visited 2 times a day. Very professional and always friendly. When I came back from being on the beach or from dinner - I had a nice surprise where 2 times they made me cute animals from towels and placed them on my bed. It made me smile. They took time to clean up when I said I dropped a small perfume bottle on the floor. The housekeeping deserves a A+.

The beach was 1 minute walk from my room. Holy cow! I was happy. Plus - the Spa was on the way so I booked appointments for deep tissue massages and facials. The Spa is professional and so relaxing! They offered a good discount if i booked my program within 24hours... so, of course, I did :-) They also had a sauna and a hamman..

The beach is a bit rocky towards the water, but the stones are round and not sharp. My tip is to buy yourself a pair of water/beach shoes- or buy some from the hotel mini market. The sand is also hot as heck during the afternoon so wearing some thing on your feet is important anyways.

The beach is very clean (and had clear water) and very relaxing. They have restaurant waiters coming during the afternoon to ask you if you want to have drinks or food. Towels were always available. As a matter of fact, I walked along the beach and up the small hill over to the next beach in my tiny bikini every day and never once felt at danger! Very relaxing and quite safe.

I had a very pleasant trip. It was amazing. I would go back again. It's very relaxing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank MissFrancesRose
Dear Frances_in_Greece,

Thank you for your very kind comments and for sharing your lovely experience of your stay with us.

I have conveyed your genuine remarks; all our team was really pleased to receive them.

It was super great to know that you have had relaxing vacations, that you did enjoy the range of mouth-watering dishes that were served in our restaurants and that the views, the spa treatments and the beach made you happy and satisfied your summer appetite.

We are surely looking forward to welcoming you back in high spirits!
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I would just like to start by saying the previous review about this hotel is total and utter rubbish reviewed by CV ZURICH SWITZERLAND certain individuals who are never satisfied however spectacular in life. Me and my now husband stayed in the lindian village for 2 weeks in july and had our wedding here the quality of the food is 100% never had such great food anywere the staff are amazing as you have to appreciate Greece is in financial difficulty and the hotel is slightly short on staff however extremely attentive hard working and friendly. Our wedding day was amazing Sophia the wedding coordinator was well organised and we did not have to worry about a thing. We never had any issues getting a sunbed around the pool which was well maintained our room cleaned everyday new towel twice a day overall a thouroughly brilliant experience. Jade&Dave

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jadexdave345
Ljubljana
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Lindian Village Hotel was recommenced to us by friends. My husband, three year old son and I stayed there for a week. We have reserved a double room with half board, but they upgraded us to junior suit, which was really nice. Everything is how it is supposed to be, clean, quiet, well organised, the water in the pools is clean, the beach quite big and the beach cabanas are amazing. As the hotel was half empty, it really was a relaxing experience. The staff is very professional as well.
I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking to relax.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank tristanpoljak
zurich switzerland
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Shocking hotel! I don't even know where to start! Rooms are dirty (floor was filthy - crumbs from previous guests had not even been swept up for us before we got the room, mold throughout the bathroom walls, shower, floor etc), food in the main dining room was of extreme low quality and in some cases unedible (and never greek!), day after day at the pool side restaurant we watched bread and dips being served to guests after watcthing 6-7 birds attacking (we literally watched the birds in the bread basket nibbling away and perched on the side of the dip with their beaks getting their fill and then the waiters pushing the birds away, readusting the bread and bringing it out to the poor unassuming guests!), beach towels were shedding at the edges, and the majortiy of staff (who were not greek) looked extremely unhappy (we later had one of the staff tell us that he was being treated horribly...months without a day off, 12 hour days, not getting paid ....that he had never seen anything like it and couldn't wait to get out). It was truly shocking and not at all a 5 star expereience (understatement). They charge 5 star prices but in return you get very little back. The positives were the beach (very nice beach with clear water) and the pool (nice pool area that has been kept up). However, the rest was truly very shocking....Our family will of course never return to Lindian Village. This hotel grossly took advantage of us. Stay away!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank c r
Dear C R,

Thank you for your feedback.

It was with great surprise to read your comments, which do not delineate our high standards at all.

You make a number of observations in your posting, which we are very concerned about.

As you can see from the other reviews of your co- travelers on Tripadvisor’s website, it is rare to have unhappy guests. The majority of our reviewers rate Lindian Village as ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’ and it is a shame that your experience was not really that favorable.

You were clearly left with a negative impression and we feel really sorry about that. It is always our aspiration to gratify our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lardos
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas
Sheraton Rhodes Resort
Sheraton Rhodes Resort
#14 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa

Been to Lindian Village? Share your experiences!