“Chaotic stressful mealtimes!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Lindos Princess Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lardos
“Chaotic stressful mealtimes!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have just got back from a week at the Lindos Princess. we went there to relax leaving our children behind with their grandparents. Big mistake! It was far from relaxing. FULL of noisy kids and equally noisy drunk groups of mainly Brits. The nightly awful 'entertainment' went on until late right outside our room and we were then woken up early by noisy people shouting in the echoey corridors. and it really wouldn't have taken much to make the all inclusive buffet more organised - it was chaotic and stressful - by the end of the week, we started to dread mealtimes. The staff always seemed stressed out and it was usually very difficult to find a table. People are also allowed to smoke wherever they like including in the outside dining areas which is pretty grim.
The food was very hit and miss. Sometimes not too bad, sometimes inedible and very little choice for vegetarians.
Our favourite bits: very nice all inclusive cocktails, no kids allowed in the indoor pool/sauna etc (although there was a freezing cold jacuzzi?!) and it was much quieter on the beach than by the pools.
Overall though it felt like a bit of a waste of a lot of money on a pretty unrelaxing week. A real shame.
Pefkos looked much nicer!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Sophiegarrett
George C, Director of Sales at Lindos Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time to write a review from your stay with us.
First of all, we would like to mention that smoking is strictly prohibited in all inside areas of the Hotel and in the guest rooms. We are following the EU smoking regulations and we normally do not get complaints about this matter.
However, our guests may smoke outside on their terrace or balcony. It is also allowed to smoke outside on the restaurant terrace if they ask for an ashtray. Again, we are following the smoking regulations of EU.
We have plenty of vegetarian dishes and supplements available in our restaurants. A generous salad & greens section in “Spondi” is displayed around 10 meters for both lunch and dinner. Moreover, you can choose between a variety of warm dishes which are purely vegetarian. Since most of the vegetables and fruits are locally grown and produced on the island we use plenty of fresh and short travelled products. The restaurants feature a great assortment of seasonal fruit and bread options; we can with confidence say that we have a good selection for vegetarians.
Our hard working restaurant team is working efficiently to serve our guests and our guests should not wait longer than five minutes to get a table. Should there be a special table you like in the restaurant you are more than welcome to reserve this table in advance at preferred time.
Many of our guests appreciate our animation team and the evening entertainment program. After 23.00 there are no longer entertainment and the Hotel turns off all the music as it is our Hotel policy to be quiet after 23.15. We do not serve very drunk guest alcohol and should people make a lot of noise we tell them to be quiet. We are not sure if you contacted Reception with regards to this problem. Such issues are normally solved by one telephone call to the Reception and we handle such issues on directly on the spot. We will anyway discuss your matter with noise issues during the night as it should not be the case in our Hotel.
Since we are a family friendly hotel we cannot avoid children running around and making sounds. Having mentioned this, our Hotel property is spread over and area of 114.000m2. The children have their own playground, Miniclub and pools. Everyone has the opportunity to find a quiet spot if they would like.
We would also like to say that our sister property, Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa is an Adult Only hotel with only 44 rooms located in Kioatri. If you wish a child free holiday this hotel is a great option.
We would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you in the future – whether it would be in the Boutqiue 5 or Lindos Princess.
Best Regards,
Lindos Princess Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just returned from a two week holiday here, our second visit, everything seemed the same on arrival, check in was efficient, we had requested the same room as previous visit but on check in realised this wasn't to be, we went to the room we had been allocated and was not impressed at all, we were not offered any assistance with our luggage,last year our things were delivered to the room whilst we checked in, we took one look around the room and said no way!! It was a small box room with a fold up bed, the mirror was shaking and vibrating off the wall as we were above some kind of generator, with a view of the loading bay at the back of the main building, if we hadn't been before we would have accepted that this was how the rooms were but having already stayed last year we knew this was definitely not what we had booked, reception said nothing they could do and see the rep In the morning, the next day we saw the rep who said we would not be moved and that we had got what we paid for but he would email our agent in the uk but not to expect a reply for five days as it was the weekend and his day off etc etc, I called the uk and the agent said she would call the hotel, we were advised to go back to reception later that day when they would let us look at another room, the new room was still not what we had asked for but was better than the first room so we agreed to use it for the rest of the holiday as we didn't want to waste any more of our holiday arguing over rooms when we could sort it with the agent on our return, the new room was a lot further away than where we were and again we were offered no help with moving our luggage, we met a couple later that day who said the same thing had happened to them when they arrived, we saw the rep a few days later and he said we had originally been given what we had paid for and that last year we had been randomly selected for a free upgrade by the hotel, this I believe to be absolute rubbish, we travelled as a group of ten last year on three separate bookings and its too much coincidence that all three booking were selected at random and given three rooms next door to each other?! After that initial fiasco the rest of our time here was as we expected it be, a very relaxing holiday, spotlessly clean everywhere, staff very friendly, Simone and Barbora from the animation team standing out in particular, Simone was running the kids elada club and was fantastic with the kids, we remembered Barbora from last year and she is a real asset to the team, the shows were good and the whole team work really hard day and night, the food seems to have gone down hill a bit in the respect of very repetitive,it was pork eleven nights out of fourteen, the food is nice apart from this, would recommend popis down the road if you fancy getting out for a meal, all in all a great place and would visit again, hopefully without a repeat of this years gripes

Room Tip: Ground floor family bungalow
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just got back from this hotel after a 7night stay. Upon arrival hotel looks fantastic clean and very nice to look at. As we were not arriving until early hours of the morning we emailed before asking if some food would be made available to us on arrival, we got in our room to find a piece of bread (stale) with a peice of cheese and ham (tasted like cardboard). Breakfast was very basic and greasy , evening meals were good and quite a lot of options, snack bar served the same food everyday and again was mainly greasy food. 70% of staff were helpful but reception staff and the bar upstairs the staff were miserable, ignorant and up themselves. The entertainment of a night was more suitable for "Germans" so a few nights we decided to drink elsewhere. The kids disco was a sham and when my 3yr old daughter went on stage with around 75 other kids the entertainment played a dangerous and stupid game with kids running across the stage to stand on a peice of paper and 4 or 5 times children would be pushed over and trampled on I pulled my daughter off the stage as it was totally disgusting. Then as we had to check out on last day at 12pm we requested if we could hire a room until departure at 8pm to be told we could at a cost of 77euros which after how much we paid for the holiday was totally disgusting and unacceptable. Personally the hotel only caters for Germans and isn't at all "British friendly" and my family or I wouldn't return - when you pay for all inclusive you expect much much more. Instead you are greeted by rude staff and a lot of ignorant guests. IF YOU LIKE TO SPEND YOUR HOLIDAY WITH LITTLE ENTERTAINMENT AND EAT GREASY FOOD THIS HOTEL IS FOR YOU. IF NOT AVOID - a lot better places in Greece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank Rich F
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Lindos Princess is from airport about 1hour, it is a great hotel with perfect service. Rooms are in separated blocks, big and clean, with drinks in the fridge, huge bathroom and big terrace. Our room was cleaned up everyday.You can eat in main restaurant (you can get everything here) or by the pool (pizza, pasta, meat, fruit, cakes...). Also here are many bars (lobby, beach, pool) with friendly staff. The beach is half sand/half little stones, the water is clear and good for swimming. You can walk on the left and on the right side. In hotel is a little shop, but you can go outside and buy souvenirs cheaper. You can rent a car and fare whole island.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lucia A
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 2 years ago and I must say still as fab! Dress code for evening meal changed which was a pain as long pants or over the knee shorts had to worn and my husbands shorts where dress shirts but my husbands were just on the knee and was told told they where too short. So for 3 night my husband wore his jeans he travelled in which when the weather is 24 degrees not ideal but after complaining was allowed to wear his dress shorts. This hotel is fabulous for children great entrainment wether it be through the hotel or your own with 2 childrens pools with choice of slides. Evening entertainment finished at 10.30 ish but numerous bars stayed open till 12.
Hotel is spotless rooms cleaned and towels changed everyday ! Hotel cleaned everyday must say their staff work soo hard. Although we stayed 18th may for 1 week food not as wide a variety of choice as when we stayed in July although the hotel wasn't full so only to be expected. I must say though there was at least 4 choices each might but meals this time around we repeated twice. But saying that ate really well and will be returning again next year. Fantastic hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Kerryaudley
Runcorn, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We travelled to this hotel as a family of four, two adults, two children staying 10 days on a fully inclusive basis ...our first impressions of the hotel were nice but three stars at best. Our room was average size with a lovely pool/ sea view of which we were very happy with.

The breakfast of a morning was very basic, but in the first five days of our holiday quite relaxed, no problem with seating or queuing .

Lunch could either be eaten at the pool buffet bar or the main restaurant ,again basic and relaxed although the staff at the pool side buffet bar and bar area were very rude and unhelpful . At one point I went up for two cokes a beer and a fanta.....the barman said I couldn't have four drinks only three???? I refused to get my pregnant wife to leave the children to help me, only to be spoke back n too with the other waiters in Greek , after this every time I went up this gentleman ( Stegros ) questioned how many drinks I was taking....understandable if I was getting four beers every five minutes...at one point I asked for a fanta he said just the one today....making you feel awkward getting what in effect you've paid for ( not the cheapest hotel Ive stayed at ) . After this I went to the far bar where Rodri and Maria where more freindly although still no happy corner.

Evening meals to begin with again relaxed although the last three days you had to wait to be seated and the queues were horrendous , there was no bread rolls , you was again met with morbid faces and at one point I witnessed a young girl moaned at for sticking the meat utensil in the chips ( not crime of the century ) .

Being totally honest the facilities for children of a day are very good, the pools/ slides are great and the mini golf was free and easy to get onto but the evening were dull, the entertainment apart from the micheal Jackson night was terrible, one night the show was really poor with the woman pretending to take their knickers off and dance with just a towel around them...not what u want your four year old to see.

I definitely would NOT stay here again, middle of nowhere with staff who look terrified to smile, my score of average is more than fair if they never had the pools/ slides this place would be empty.

2 Thank David R
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I went to this hotel last May 2012 and enjoyed it so much I decided to spend my 60th there with ALL my family (group of 14)
In 2012 I stayed in one of the bungalows round the pool and it was beautiful.
When my party arrived this May 2013 we were all put in the hotel and our view was overlooking the staff quarters and the back road where delivery vans come and go. I complained to the front desk and as we arrived very late at night, the front desk asked if we could put up with it for the night and it would get sorted out in the morning. He promised and shook my hand and said we would all be moved in the morning. When morning came we dealt with a manageress on front desk, no sign of the man from the previous night. When we told her what the man had said she told us there was nothing she could do about moving us as there were no free rooms. We knew this was a lie as being the beginning of May and the start of the season, the hotel was half empty, so she was lying to us. She was very, very rude, unhelpful, condescending and laughed when I got upset and burst into tears. She was not interested in helping me and just kept saying rooms all full. I told her I would not be unpacking my case until she sorted it out. I then had to get our holiday rep to try and reason with her and asked to speak to her superior. Unfortunately I did not get her name but would like to use this site to make a complaint about her disgusting behaviour towards me and my family. After all it was on my say so that I brought back 14 people to stay at the hotel. We eventually got moved to bungalows round the pool the following day, our whole party was split up in different blocks though and we all spent the first 2 days of our holiday living out of our suitcases. There was also no offer of help moving our cases, we all had to do this ourselves and we had 2 babies in our party.
Although the hotel was very nice, there is no way I would consider going back and would never recommend it again to anyone.
Thanks to that very rude manageress on the front desk, she ruined my birthday celebrations. And it seemed from then on the staff had it in for us. Going in to the restaurant the door staff picked on my party for what they were wearing, also my daughter was told she could not take the pushchair into the restaurant and should leave it outside and when we got inside, there were lots of pushchairs in there. All in all - disgusting behaviour from all sorts of staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to stay in the bungalows round the pool
5 Thank ChrissyH3591
George C, Director of Sales at Lindos Princess Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your time to write a review . It is nothing worse than reading about a comment of a disappointed repeating guest. We have many repeaters that return year after year, and we sincerely regret you left the hotel without us living up to your last years’ experience. Your review has been discussed thoroughly by the Hotel Management and the involved departments . Regarding your complaints for the rooms though we would like to inform that the Bungalow rooms that you refer to are more expensive than the ones you have booked something that you can check from our official website; we have managed to get some free upgrades upon arrival for some people of your party but there was no availability for the rest at that day. In addition we are really sorry about the fact that you were not assisted with your luggage, we always offer to assist everyone with our porters.
We do have a dress code which applies during dinner time, this is also clearly outlined in the guest rooms. With regards to the pushchairs they are not allowed in the restaurant and we are sorry if this was not the case. Should you consider staying with us again please contact us in person and we will make sure you will have a solid follow up next time. We really hope to give you a warm welcome in the future .

Best Regards,
Lindos Princess Beach Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lardos
Princess Andriana Resort & Spa
Lindos Blu
#2 of 33 in Lindos
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,187 reviews
Mitsis Alila Resort & Spa

Been to Lindos Princess Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!